Thursday, February 21, 2013

Cuzilu Here

2/21/2012

Cuzilu Here

Yes, it's really me.  I have survived emergency room treatment, ICU, a regular hospital room with an annoying room mate and lock down in a psychiatric outpatient facility. And I have survived so I must be made of tougher stuff than I thought.  My spirit is stronger than I knew and was determined to survive against all odds.

I am been sprung from the "looney bin" and today start daycare for two weeks in yet another facility.  My days will be filled with individual and group therapy sessions and probably other creative outlets.  I didn't participate in yoga while in the outpatient facility and I won't be participating now.  Nobody needs to see me on the floor or trying to get back up - it ain't pretty.

My first night at home was a disaster.  I was up all night because I was so agitated and couldn't relax.  Jeff is taking me to see my primary physician today at Hopkins so maybe I will be able to enjoy a nap in the car.  Tomorrow my outing is to my psychiatrist where I will try to explain to her what I was thinking (or not) so many days ago!  

My jaunt through the medical system allowed me to lose 10 pounds - I don't recommend it as a steady weight loss program because hospital and outpatient facility food is terrible.  The stuff served in the cafeteria at my last place of residence was horrible and we patients learned to live on potato chips!  Not a healthy diet but at least the hospital can't ruin pre-packaged food.

In case you're wondering I'm not well - physically or mentally.  It is yet to be determined how much physical damage has been done to my body but I'm sure that testing of my heart and brain are probably in my future.  Mentally, I'm stable but shaky and my recovery back to normal (whatever that is) might be a long journey.

This is going to be short today because I can't be late for my first session at the hospital.

Be good to yourselves and take care.

P

2 comments:

  1. Patti, I am so glad you are home and I have really missed your daily blogs. I am glad you will be having the opportunities of going to all those therapy groups and feel they might be good outlets for expressing your feelings. I bet tonite you will get a better night's sleep with your lack of sleep last night and your trip to Hopkins today. Welcome Back!!! Much love, Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that you are home and doing better. I will continue to send warm and happy thoughts your way and lots of encouragement as well. I believe that you can beat this and that you are good to yourself, you are to take care of yourself first and foremost. Best of Wishes!

    Love to you,
    Marilee

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...