Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Day Two Being Home

6/13/2017

I'm now on day two of being home.  Mind you, I'm not alone at home.  Jeff had to take yesterday and tomorrow off to be my "Nurse Cratchet"!  (just kidding) Since I have a super early appointment tomorrow to remove the stitches, it's likely he'll be with me again tomorrow.

A visiting nurse came yesterday and we went through all the preliminary questions about my care. It was the nurse's professional opinion that I could not remain alone in the house, for safety reasons.  While I didn't like his opinion, I knew it was the right one.  His argument was that if the house was on fire, would I be able to get out of the house.  Smartly, I told him of course.  Realistically, probably not.

I try to be a very good patient, and truthfully I'm not good at being one!  (Huge understatement here).  Jeff has plenty on his plate and doesn't need me nagging him about: "did you do this", "how about that", who was on the phone?"  Well you get the idea.

One of my pills, and it's hard to say which one, causes my mouth to become try.  I'm not talking a little dry, nope, I'm talking Sahara Desert dry.  Ice water has become my new table side companion, unfortunately.  

Today, I would like to do a "spit and wash" kind of washing up, and put on some new clothes.  My hair?  It's a fright.  With my hair standing up on edge, I'm pretty sure I could scare small children on Halloween!  Just saying.

The words "rehab center" are being banted (not a word but sounds good) around.  From a safety standpoint, I'd be better off someplace where I could receive constant care as well as PT to help get myself better.  I may have to give in and do some "time" outside of the house.  But, when they discharged me from the hospital, I was just so homesick that I couldn't wait to get back to the house. Still safety will precede my being homesick every time.

Okay, my duration at my desk is now over.  More tomorrow.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...