Sunday, June 18, 2017

Sunday 6/18 GUEST again

Hi, Guest typist again - trying to be a good enough secretary to pass muster.

Patti wrote: (Typist's Note: there is no date on the page, however, I believe this was started on Friday)

Let me tell you about my day.  First, it was donut day for breakfast.   Everybody was given ONE donut.   Mine was a blueberry cake donut, and it was delicious.  Small quietly pleasure (sic), and heaven knows I need some pleasure.

Then I went to therapy for an hour with the walker.  I did 63 steps.  Round trip for walking is 83 steps, so, not bad for my first time.  Then, I had 15 minutes if arm cycling, I didn't make any record, but I hung in there for the full 15 minutes.  After therapy, I saw the doctor again and he adjusted the time I get my pills.

After getting a pain pill, I laid doen on my bed, until the "leg God" calmed down.  I hate making the "leg God" unhappy!

While I was resting, the discharge people came to see me.  Jeff will be so proud of me, - I stood my ground.  I told them, I wasn't going anywhere until I could climb up and down the stairs and take a shower.  The shower thing might require some help from somebody.

Lunch was pretty good I had an egg salad sandwitch, but only ate the salad.  No need for bread.

When I came back to my room, a nursing aid took me down, and gave me a shower.  Not a wet washcloth for my face.  No, she washed my hair, and most of my body.  I washed thr "nether" parts of my body.  I came back a happy camper!

They are doing manicures this afternoon, and I am going to try and get one.

My friend Angela is coming today for a visit, and I asked her bring a disposal razor so that I could rid myself of my "winter coat" of hair.  I know you ladies understand.  As for you men, I know you DON'T understand.  Something about Mars and Venus.  I am trying to schedule face waxing.  Again, you fellows don't know what the big deal facial hair is on a women's face.  If I had blond hair, the "whiskers" wouldn't be so noticeable but alas, I'm a brunette, and my facial hair is dark and I hate having these unwanted hairs on my face.

Manicures are being done at 2:00 and I am going to try and ger one.  A day of pampering is good for a women's spirit.  Good News, the manicures are free, Yahoo! (or maybe not, we will wait and see).  The manicure was lovely and now my fingers are oainted a very nice color, abd tesm U can sense all the men rolling their eyes!

Friday Evening:
My Good friend Angela came to visit and we enjoyed a good long chat.  She also brought me some disposal razors do that I could shave my legs.  Again, too much information for you guys, but women understand.

Angela brought me a little pot of yellow flowers - not exactly sure what kine, they are, but they do brighten up my room.

Sat. AM:
I ate breakfast alone, as none of my new lady friends came in.  I'll take down a crossword puzzle book at lunch.

There is one table filled with really old women.  I'd rather eat alone because I have nothing in common with these ladies.

Just now, for some reason, everybody asks me constantly if I feel sucidal.  I assure them  I am not.  My door has to remain open at all times.

My new lady friend left today, and it made me very sad.  When she came to say goodbye, she had written out her address on a slip of paper.  I had done exactly the same thing for her!

The doctor came in and told me that I was a little anemic and he is giving me B-12 pills, since I have not been outside much.  I told hime that people were talking about discharge.  He told me that I did not need to worry about discharge right now.

Sunday AM:
Late yesterday afternoon, a lady I met when I was having my manicure, stopped by to see me.  Ilene returned my People magazine that I had loaned her.  But, that was not all she brought me.  Apparently there is some kind of store on the campus, where everything is free.  She picked out a beautiful (really beautiful!) lace blouse for me.. Price tag still on this NEW item on thje blouse is $54.00.  the blouse fits like a dream, and I thanked her many times.. Next week, she and I are heading to store for "retail therapy"!.  She says they have everything from scarves to coats and any other item you could wish for.  And it is all free!! (ed note - when something appears too good to be true, it probably is)

My good friend Sharon came to visit me yesterday afternoon.  She and I had a very nice visit.  She has recently been to Colorado and while she was there, she bought a lovely amethyst necklace.  Very unique and I can definitely see why she bought it.  They gave me my pills early, so I was slurring my speech before she left 😟.  I sounded like a Saturday night drunk!.

This morning, I went down for breakfast armed with my crossword puzzle book.  I ate alone, which was fine by me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...