Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Amazon loves me!!

12/4/2019

These days, I feel like Santa. I've been checking my list, not once but probably thrice (don't you love that word - sounds so very British) I think anyway.

Today, my office needs help. There are boxes, receipts, gifts (duh) and any other thing that screams Christmas.

When the boys were young, and still do now, I count presents. I know, that the price of one item shouldn't dictate the price of another. No, for me, it's all about the count, with the exception of Benjamin and Elly. You may not agree with me, and that's okay, but I don't want either of the grandchildren still opening presents, and the other grandchild has finished. Actually, that's sort of how my mother treated Christmas, fair is fair.

I'm nearly done with my shopping, except for some last minute requests, and fortunately for them, and not so much for Jeff, MomMom's store is still open. But, the gates will be closing soon.

And as much as Amazon loves me, so does UPS. Even before the truck arrives, I can hear the distinct sound. When I'm in my office, the driver will always wave. What I think he would prefer to do, is grimace, because he already knows that delivering to our house will become routine! I suppose that's not a good thing. 

Today, I'm going to dump the boxes (filled or not) into our "formal" living room. I always tell Ada not to bother with that room. I guess when the dust on tables becomes visible from the hallway, then I'll have her dust. But, for me, I would rather have the kitchen and bathrooms cleaned. Everything else is just a cherry on the top. I know that some women have exacting tasks that their cleaning lady must do. That, is so not me! Just do the big stuff, which I'm not really able to do now.

Jeff doesn't agree with me that I should "tidy" up the kitchen before Ada comes. But, I'm not paying her to put my clean dishes away. I can still do that. Actually, I put those dishes on the counter, and Jeff puts them away, and I appreciate that.

Have a great day.

P






No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...