Tuesday, December 10, 2019

"Santa's Workshop"

12/10/2019

Ho, Ho, Ho! My "Santa" workshop or probably better yet "My Amazon Cart", is now empty. I have scoured both my imagination as well as helpful family lists, and believe I'm now done.

Now, the questions are: (a) will the things I've bought arrive in time; and (b) somebody has to wrap all this stuff up! Since Jeff and I only had sons, they didn't actually care about wrapping and bows. Nope, just close the box up with packing tape, and all was good. And, yes even with my limited ability to wrap and some of that has to do with my why bother, especially for the boys. The boys groaned whenever they got a shirt-sized box. That only meant one thing - CLOTHES, and they hated getting clothes. But, sometimes Mom has to do what a Mom needs to do! Women, on the other hand, rather like receiving a shirt box. I know I do.

Last year, I decided to buy some clothes for Stacey, Wendy and the boys. Well, that was a bust for sure. Nothing fit anybody, and almost everything had to be returned. I'm not making that mistake again, with a few exceptions, Scott and Jeff. 

This year I bought several family games that should be enjoyable for everyone. And, did pay attention to those lists, and then I go rouge. Who doesn't like to receive a "surprise" gift? I know I do.  While some people in the family, think I'm hard to buy for, I disagree. I like pretty much anything, and I don't need a gift that is practical.

With the exception of giving birthday presents to Benjamin and Elly, my Christmas shopping is my "big shop" for the year. And, while I probably shouldn't, I try to have close to or exactly the same amount of presents for the children. For me, there is something painful when one of the children, still have packages to open, and the other child, is finished. I know I shouldn't feel that way, but I do, and I make no apologies.

ONLY 15 DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS. At this moment, receiving your packages on time, could become a problem, OR you pay for expedited shipping (which costs a lot).

P
 
Image result for picture of mess after opening christmas presents


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...