Friday, December 27, 2019

Professional Writing

12/27/2019

Christmas came, and now Christmas is done. Now, there is a countdown (small one) for New Year's Eve. Jeff and I have the best intentions to stay up until midnight, but seldom accomplish this.

Oh, forgot, my topic for today was professional signatures. There is a company who will digitally put your signature on cards or letters. Boy, are we getting lazy now. The machine can make the signatures imprecise. They will even smudge your signature, if that's what you want. 

The company (Handwrytten - and, yes that's how spell it. The company has 80 robots and has added more, to keep up with the demand! Who knew this would/could be a business! They have more robots, as needed, to keep up with the demand. The demand is for 100,000 pieces that go out monthly. The company, in December, buys pens in packs of 1,452, for forever stamps in rolls of 10,000.

Other such companies have put their hates in the ring. The cost of these personalized cards, cost between $4.00 and $5.00.

Statistics show that an average household receives one personal letter every ten weeks. Apparently, I'm doing something wrong. It seems that actual letters are received at Christmas, and cards on my birthday. I suppose, if I were a company, who had hundreds or thousands of cards to write, then robot writing could probably (nah, would) be helpful.

Because, my handwriting is now awful, I have to type out our "yearly" news. I hate having to do this, but at some point reality sets in.

I don't know if they teach cursive writing in schools anymore. And, likely very little time is spent on writing. This is a shame. I used to have what I thought (ego trip here) was very nice. Now, not so much. My writing is shaky at best, and sometimes even hard to read. I, actually don't know when my handwriting became difficult for me.

Since Christmas wasn't at our house, the only thing that needed pick-up was the empty boxes. I saved the boxes in case. Also, for the first time, I put everybody's gift receipts in an envelope. This way if somebody doesn't like their gift, they can return it back to Amazon.

Happy Friday.

 Image result for picture of gift returns

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...