Thursday, December 12, 2019

Shootings

12/12/2019

Soap box time again - sorry. Every time I pick up the paper or watch the local news, it seems as if another shooter has, for one reason or another, gone off the deep end. I know that these people must want to be making some kind of statement. But, in my opinion, if you're unhappy, depressed or just plain "mental", I believe that doesn't give a person the right to take somebody else's life. 

I'm "mental", and have been for a very long time. But, there is no place in my brain or heart for hurting someone.

You know me, I had to do some research. This is exceptionally important when I'm on my soap box.

So far this year, we have had 409 massive shootings, the killing of 4 or more people. 1,466 have been injured and 441 people have died. Statistics say that means an average of 1.22 shootings per day. And, people that's a lot of shooting.

For me, I actually don't know where I can be that's safe, or safe enough. Stores, military bases, schools, churches and synagogues have all been targets. It's a scary world we live in now.

The AR-15, apparently the gun of choice, 8.5 million were built between 1990 and 2012. Only 1 in 10 of guns produced and sold are sporting rifles.  

Numbers and people to think about.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...