Thursday, December 19, 2019

Birthday Celebration!

12/19/2019

I've decided that turning 70 (i.e., getting older) is not so bad.Okay, as far as body aches and spots where there should be none, is a "bit" (okay more than that) annoying. My birthday gift from Andrew et al, was a variety of chocolate cupcakes (yum) and a weighted blanket. Daisy and I are loving the blanket. 

Wendy knitted a unicorn cozy for my coffee cup, It's gorgeous, and I have already put it on one of my cups! A unicorn nightlight and an oil I can put inside. 

With all this attention, turning 71 next year, looks like it won't be a bad thing.

Stacey and Wendy took me out to lunch yesterday to a diner (I love the variety of food you can have). In keeping with my ongoing diet, which has morphed into now just a life style, I ate some of the food. But, certainly not everything that was on my plate. I am, a year later, trying to maintain and/or lose more weight. Emphasis on lose more. I am only 7 pounds away from my first goal. If I want to get down to my lowest weight since having bariatric (spelling) surgery, I need to lose 21 more pounds.

Since exercising is not something that I can really do, hip pain gets in the way, in order to lose 21 more pounds, I'm going to have to do it using willpower! Wish me luck.

I would have blogged earlier, but I was trying to read the "A" section of the paper, and it takes a long time to do so.

I've ordered something for Jeff, and apparently isn't going to arrive before Christmas. Bummer. I guess it will have to count as a New Year's gift.

We're celebrating Christmas on the 24th at Scott and Wendy's house. The meal will be a buffet style meal, which is okay with me. Jeff and I are supposed to bring coleslaw and a dessert. I think there is something else we're supposed to bring, but I've already forgotten what it is/was! Oh, how I love short term memory!

P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...