Friday, December 13, 2019

Dreary Friday

12/13/2019

Not only is Christmas looming around the corner, but we have to throw in a Friday the 13th also. Oh, and because it's not bad enough, but it is also positively dreary outside. This is the kind of weather that definitely brings down my mood.

While eating my breakfast - and I know all of you want to know that (!), I watched a Hallmark Christmas movie. These movies are downright "smultzy" (I don't know how to write that word, but you get the idea). Even though after all these years, and can easily predict the outcome, I like them all the same. The actors are all either handsome or very pretty, and most of the time both. There is always a "small" dilemma, that rights itself just before the movie ends. 

This year, among all the Hallmark movies, there is one person missing - Lori Loughlin! Over the years, she has been the lead actress movies for Hallmark. I suspect it was a really good gig. Currently, her net income is 20 MILLION dollars, so she will never, at least I think so, have to pinch pennies or dollars. But, oh what a fall from grace. I guess the uber rich people feel that they are above the law. Even if they do something wrong, they likely won't have to suffer for their actions. This is, completely different from us regular folk, who would be in jail already! Just saying.

I have finally finished my Christmas cards. While I'm late doing the cards, I know they will be sent out before the end of the year. Um, at at least I think they will be. Fingers crossed.

Not all of my purchases have arrived. Every day, I look for the UPS truck to stop at the house, so that this "Santa" can have more gifts delivered. I hope I have ordered everything to be received "hopefully" before Christmas. 

You know me - I love to look up things - and share them with you. On average UPS handles 15.8 MILLION packages each day. And each driver delivers approximately 120 packages each day. The drivers receive between 16 to 38 dollars an hour, and also receive bonuses. These guys and some gals definitely deserve a bonus each year.

Image result for ups driver picture 


Happy Friday and have a great weekend.

P





 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...