Sunday, December 29, 2019

Fa La La

12/29/2019 

I know you won't believe it, but I tackled our "formal" dining room yesterday. For many years, a toy box for Benjamin was put in a corner. And, also for years, when he came to visit, Benjamin had a lot of fun rummaging around in the chest (actually a big storage bag). He was always looking for treasures. Old things, that were new again to play with. Today, I'm taking his toys upstairs. I'm not going to get rid of them, just store them in one of the bedrooms. I still have a fold and go race track that, when you're finished playing, it folds up like a suitcase. Just checked out the prices on Ebay, and it looks like this toy is going, at the moment, for around $80.00. Imagine the price in, let's say in ten years.

The boys are always after me to put a "sticky" dot underneath my many pieces of glass. What they really want, is my estimate selling price. I know this would be of big help to them, but for me, right now, is not something I want to do. In the future, I know that if I did this for the boys, it would make things easier for them.

When people come to visit, they always say that my house looks like a "vintage" granny's house. And, I'm okay with that. I have, for many years, surrounded myself, with "treasures" (at least to me), and I like it this way.

For Christmas this year, Scott gave me two new pieces of glass. One is a colorful clown with a removable head. To be used, I assume, to hold liquid of some sort. And, I'm not thinking water!  The other piece of glass is a colorful bird, with vibrant colors. I don't exactly know what kind of a bird it is, and I'm okay with that.

I was given a gift certificate for a visit to a hypnotist, as well as a meditation session. What do I tell the hypnotist? I guess a good place to start would (if possible) to help me beat down my desire for sugar. Obviously, what I would want, and it's probably not something a hypnotist can do, is to "see" "old" Wendy. And, or, perhaps relive my memories with her.  

Right now, I am making memories with Scott's wife, who is also named Wendy. I love Wendy very much. She is taking very good care of Scott, and in just doing that, makes Jeff and I very happy.

Yesterday, I took myself and my rollator to do "laps", if you will around the circle in front of the house. I actually went around 12 times, but not all at once. I was going to go out again today, but it's raining, and I, for sure don't need to fall down again!

P





No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...