Monday, December 16, 2019

White Stuff

12/16/2019

While there isn't much of the white stuff, but even though it's only the yard and trees, it still qualifies for our first snow. It's not enough snow that will cause schools or businesses to close. When I was working, I absolutely dreaded when schools were closed. When that happened, you had to call the office, to tell them that you couldn't come in. Oh, how I didn't like to make calls like that. 

One good thing about being retired (and now, it's not the money), is that you don't have to check with anybody, work or school, you are already at home. Jeff's commute to his office is a bit complicated - because both girls want to be the first one up the stairs! Because, if you're the first dog up the stairs, then you can "posture" and "grumble" at the other dog. 

I still have one or two things that hasn't arrived yet. I'm not particularly worried, because I did order them timely. And, even they don't arrive on time, trust me, there are enough presents already here! Once a year (like right now), I spend my "gift budget". The rest of the year, I only buy birthday presents for Benjamin and Elly.

Sunday, when we went to do the weekly "shop", I had two different lists for WalMart. I gave Jeff the one for groceries. I went and browsed around and found a set of three food storage containers, two cards, and then just browsed. I did go to the clothes, but I'm so unsure of my size these days, it's hard to know what size. Generally, depends on the manufacturer. I remember when buying clothes wasn't all that difficult - I bought the biggest size I could find, and, at the point, didn't much care how I looked in clothes. I mean when you're wearing a "tent", nothing looks good on you.

After losing 40+ pounds, now I don't know what size to buy. I keep leaning towards a bigger size than I really need - a habit I guess, I'll just have to come to terms with.

But, great news - I was able to walk at both Costco and WalMart. I was in considerable pain in my hip after all that walking, but I was so proud of me. And my trainer will be too.

I have boxes to seal with packing tape (the boys). After all these years, they don't give a hoot about wrapping paper and certainly not bows!

Jeff just told me that it was lunch time, so I'm signing off. Have a great Monday.

P





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...