Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Birthday

12/18/2019

My birthday is over for another year. I'll be honest with you, there is something about being 70 that bothers me a bit. Or, perhaps more than a bit.

People tell me I don't look 70. I always say thank you, but I wonder if they're just being kind. Or, I actually don't look my age. No gray hair to speak of, and luckily wrinkles are minimal. I'll let you know when I turn 80, if the same compliments will be given to me!

We went to Benjamin's variety show at his school. Hollywood is waiting for him! When he sang, he projected his voice, so that everybody could hear him. And he sings well (not that I'm prejudiced in anyway)!!

The variety show with children's ages from 3 and 4 to 8th grade, was all very enjoyable. Auntie Kim was there with us, and she gave Benjamin a bouquet of flowers. I know that after a girl/woman performs, flowers are the "go to" thing to bring. I'm pretty sure that Stacey and Benjamin will love the flowers.

Once the performance was over, Andrew, Stacey and Benjamin gave me my birthday gift. Actually, there was two presents: red velvet cupcakes - yummy! And, a weighted blanket, which Daisy and I haven't used just yet. 

Wendy and Stacey are taking me out to lunch today, and then will likely go to Target. Target is such a great store, and you actually find things that you didn't know you needed!

Since Stacey is coming to pick me up, I have to go into the living room and cover everything up with a blanket. Yes, I know I could actually wrap up everything - but, wrapping isn't my forte, and I prefer just closing the boxes with packing tape!  Stacey, on the other hand, wraps presents beautifully, and even includes ribbons and bows. 

It's blue sky weather, with a "nip" in the air. Jeff says nip, and I say cold. 

If you haven't already, get your gifts ordered and/or bought. Because, frankly we are running out of days!

P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...