Thursday, December 26, 2019

I'm Back!!

12/26/2019

Officially, Christmas is over. But it's not quite over yet. What? Don't forget that just because Christmas is over, the stores now are pitching heavily discounted items. People are clambering over discounted wrapping paper, cards, etc. An artificial tree now sells for $19.50. It was originally priced at $39.00. It's probably a great deal - but then you have to store the tree for a year. Nope, not interested. 

The stores, at least those that are still in business, want to move out the winter things - because it's time to bring out the spring things. I like new clothes, but at the moment, can't even begin to think about warmer weather clothes. 

One year, Jeff and I went to Target the day after Christmas. We weren't there to buy anything - merely to watch. I know that sounds mean, but it's a sight, you will never forget - I promise you! We have seen people drape themselves over really big televisions. I suppose, but haven't seen it, there might be a scuffle over one item or another. Remember the Cabbage Patch Dolls? Or the Beanie babies? A few years ago, I bought a used Cabbage Patch doll. She sits in a chair in the living room, which has a large gate covering the wall opening! 

We spent Christmas Eve at Scott's house. Wendy's mother and brother were there as was "computer Ken". Also, the group from Lovettsville. We decided to keep both dogs at home. 

There was plenty of good food, yummy desserts and more importantly family. I'm happy to say that after eating Christmas food, I haven't even gained a pound. So proud of myself.

Yesterday, Jeff and I went to the movies. Apparently, at some point I fell asleep - and that means only one thing - I was snoring. Horrors. Jeff has now met his one movie a year obligation. So in 2020, the one movie count begins!

I hope that all of you and your family, had a wonderful Christmas. Now looking forward to New Years!

P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...