Thursday, June 15, 2017

Guest Blogger again 6/15/17

Hi all, I am back - the less than functional secretary - and care giver (this is a difficult job - don't ever let anyone tell you it is not difficult)

Patti is now in the Asbury Methodist rehab center - in Gaithersburg.  She wrote out the following:

6/15/17
Unfortunately, Jeff had to take three days off to care for me.  And, just for the record, I am NOT a good patient. (Shocker!) And using the potty chair is easy to use, but no the way I want to live my life.  It will be a read letter day when I can "WALK" to the bathroom.

You don't know how nice things are, until you can't do them anymore.

It has been weeks since I have slept in a bed - and NO, hospital beds don't count.  Sure you can raise and lower the bed but is gets old after a while.

My stay with Andy and Stacey made a lot of work for them.  Once I returned home, I returned to my recliner (ugh) and my potty chair (double ugh!)  Since it appears I am not safe on my own, Jeff has taken 3 days off to care for me.  

Hear is what I do know - that I am going to have an awesome scar!  Today we went to Hopkins to have my staples and sutures taken out (Yipee!)  My appt was at 9:30 but we didn't actually get into a room until much later.  After the appointment, I gave in and told Jeff that I knew now (slow learner) that I needed to go to the rehab, and before Jeff could take a breath, the Asbury rehab center called and said they they had a bed ready for me. 

After gathering up some clothes, crossword puzzle books, I reluctantly went to Asbury.  I am very impressed with the staff and the facility.  It is a private room with pictures on the wall, and there is a real lamp on the side table.  I even have a bedspread!  There is very little medical equipment in the room.  The nurses came in to get me in my "jammies" and gave me a warm soapy wash cloth so I could wash my face - Lovely!

(Typist's note - the hand written note ends here)

The did move Patti to a new room already - not sure exactly why, but now in room 129.  When I went to visit this evening, she was fussing that the TV in her room did not work - and two different technicians tried and failed last night to make it work.  I climbed up on the chair, unplugged it... waited 10 seconds, and plugged it back in - now works fine...

She indicated that  she had a GOOD chat with the facility doctor, went over her situation, medications etc. and HE suggests, that she needs to have her lower spine looked at... so we will see what happens next.

-J-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...