Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sunday

9/29/2013

Sunday

A day of rest?  Perhaps and perhaps not.   Guess that depends on how much you got down on errand and chore Saturday.  Speaking for myself, I didn't get much done yesterday so I'm feeling a bit antsy - actually agitated - today.  This is one of those times when I sincerely wish I could adequately explain to someone - anyone - what this feels like.  Truthfully, my mood is dark today and there just isn't much I can do about that.  I'm supposed to redirect my emotions but just can't seem to get that done today.

We spent yesterday at Andy's house.  We went to Ben's school for a pancake breakfast which was a price performer at $6.00.  Pancakes, eggs, bacon, hash browns and the endless array of homemade goodies in the cafeteria.  Stacey made sticky buns, which were delicious, and I had two of them.

We saw Ben's classroom and met his teacher.  The classroom is lovely and so sophisticated from what I remember the boys' classrooms looking like.  Computers, headphones and a big screen.  Ben was anxious to show us his artwork and where his cubby was.

After breakfast we took a trolly to downtown, where numerous vendors were set up to sell food, jewelry, soap, handmade scarfs, etc.  Under our new lean budget I bought nothing - I was tempted - but held strong.  Stacey had a booth selling her skincare products as well as some beautiful wreaths to wear in your hair.  She does amazing work and each wreath (or headband perhaps) was adorned with beautiful flowers and ribbon streamers at the back.  

Ben got a bit fussy mid-morning and Andy, Jeff and I took him back to the house and finally got him to take a nap which allowed him to wake up in a better mood than the one he had BEFORE nap.

Jeff worked on Andy's generator and I read my library book.  I have reserved so many books at the library - I have reached maximum holds!  So I'm compiling a list of books I want to reserve when I'm able.  Wally Lamb has a new book out "We Are Water".  If you haven't read any of his books you should.  I really enjoyed "She's Come Undone". Also check out "The Panther" by Nelson DeMille.  ALL of his books are amazing reads.

I'm supposed to start my day program on Wednesday which will occupy most of my day and supposedly keep me out of trouble.  I'm also supposed to have more ECT treatments, probably one a week.

Today I was supposed to have company but canceled the visit because my depression today has a firm grip on me and I think getting through the day will be a major achievement.  I promised a rain check for later in the week but today was going to be impossible for me.

Well this is the second blog I have written today - I managed to lose the first one!  So I'm going to sign off - and be sure to save.

Enjoy your day.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...