Friday, June 5, 2020

Free Books

6/5/2020

I have done something good today. I posted in my neighborhood, that I had free books on the porch. Well, as soon as I posted about the books, I have received many messages from people, who think that "recycling" books is a great idea. I posted on the bulletin board, that since my family will not allow me to drive, at least for the moment, could they drop books off on my front porch. Hopefully, my neighbors, will or might keep this "recycling" thing going. I might not like every book that someone drops off, but I'll take a chance. Once I've sifted through the "new" books, the ones that I don't like, will be boxed up to give to my neighbors. 

In a nearby town, they have a "little" box (actually just somebody's address), where you can pick up and/or drop off books. Maybe, this quarantine will give some people something to do, besides watching television!

I would rather read than watch television, particularly with watching protests everywhere. Most were wearing masks, but about social distancing (forget about it).

I actually cringe when I start my morning (and that's probably not a good idea) watching protests - peaceful - and some protests are violent. I'm glad that I don't have to explain about protests, etc., to a child.

My brain is empty. Some people who know me well, might say that my brain is always EMPTY, and more times than not, that's the sad truth.

P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...