Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Things That Come To Mind!

6/3/2020

When you see a subject line like that, you know that I'm "short" of a specific issue, or thought. This is called, as far as I'm concerned, "writer's cramp"! And, my friends that's where I find myself today.

Jeff and I have watched CNN which has televised the riots and protests over and over again. I don't know about you, but for me there has to be a time limit on watching riots.

Mother Nature has decided that summer is officially here. Ninety-three degrees, and 42 degrees of humidity. I just stepped out on the porch, and the heat and humidity drove me back inside in mere seconds.

I know it's Wednesday, and for folks that are still working, this is hump day. You've made it through Monday and Tuesday, and from here  it's all downhill

Now, for the good news. John Krasinski (from the show "The Office", has started a some good news today - SGN - short for Some Good News! I checked out his first video, and loved it. The video was a wonderful antodoicate (this is spelled wrong, so I apologize). The video shows touching, funny, loving stories as well as many more emotions of life. You really should check this out. It will make your day, I promise.

We are still wearing masks, staying home as much as possible, six feet distancing, etc. All things we should be doing to avoid the virus. While I watched the riots, I noticed - actually you couldn't miss it - no social distancing. And, in some cases, no masks either. I have bought myself just a plain black mask, but I have gotten out my glitter paint. I have decided that if I have to wear a mask, why not make it prettier! Perhaps (nope, in my opinion) that's just a girl thing. It's possible, but not likely, for men to decorate their masks.
As I've said before, you can buy "fancy" masks, but the cost is way up there. My rationale is, that since we're going to have to wear masks for the foreseeable future, you might as well "dress" up your mask. Some kind of a fashion statement! I'm not in the least creative, so I'll let you know how things turned out. Fingers crossed.

Oh, and a little more good news, which is all about me, is that I have lost enough weight, since November, that I am now wearing a 1x size, where before I was wearing 4x clothing. I'm not eating and drinking protein food and drinks so much now, but it definitely got me started.


Serendipity (noun), finding something good without looking for it ...


P


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...