Monday, June 7, 2021

Just A Monday

 6/7/2021

It's the start of another week. When I was working, I dreaded Mondays, all of them. I always looked forward to three day weekends. But even having an extra day at home, came the inevitable, no matter what day of the week you had to return to work, it always felt like Monday

When we would vacation, I always added an extra day, to be home, and put things away. And, also trying to get my head wrapped around the fact that the fun was over. Reality set in. I worked, and you do as well, for money. Money makes the world go round, and helps pay for groceries among other things.

You want to know ONE good thing about being retired? You almost never have to set an alarm on your clock. Not having to do this, makes me very happy. Sometimes, when Jeff or I, have a very early doctor's appointment, we have to use the alarm. And though we don't have to do this very often, it's still "alarming"!!! Aren't I funny? This where you say yes you are!!

When I was a teenager, I had a beautiful little clock, that was meant to be used by girls or women. I loved that clock, not just because it was pretty, but the alarm played music. This many years later, I have no idea where the little clock went.

Have you ever thought back to something you used to own like a desk perhaps, or clothes? I have. I, at one time, had a beautiful coat with a fur collar. Not an imitation fur, but the real thing. When we moved from Illinois to California, I knew that there wouldn't be any need for the coat. I don't remember what happened to that beautiful coat. Or, my many pair of shoes, and other clothes. So, I wonder why did I get rid of them? The shoes are a mystery, because I loved shoes then and I love them now. I had one particular pair, that were half light pink and the other color was a darker pink. These shoes happened to match a suit that happened to be pink. You knew that was coming didn't you?

Now I, like Queen Elizabeth only wear "dress" shoes with short and stocky heels. They really aren't that attractive, and I don't know about the Queen, but I sometimes have trouble standing on my own two feet. 

I love watching women on television or in a movie, that are wearing the well known red soled shoes from Louboutin, generally with a very thin high heel. Maybe not every one, but most women, would recognize these shoes on sight. And, they ain't cheap. The designer also makes shoes with stocky thicker heels, but still with the red sole. I suppose, if you were a crafty type of person, you could possibly paint the bottom of your shoes - red. I know they wouldn't look as good as the real ones. Still, it would be fun to try and do this on, let's say, an inexpensive shoe.

Boy, I don't know how I got off track, but all of you know that my mind wanders, in many directions, mostly at the same time!

In case you needed to know this, and I know you don't, but today is National Chocolate Ice Cream day. I like, okay love, ice cream, and I also love chocolate candy. But chocolate ice cream - not so much. But, if it was chocolate ice cream, or no ice cream, I'd still eat it.

Time for my exercise class. Have a good day everybody. See you tomorrow.

P








No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...