Monday, May 20, 2013

Thanks

May 20, 2013

Today I want to acknowledge the many people who took such good care of Jeff while I was away.  I know that Jeff really appreciated company and conversation that didn't center around doctors and the mounting pressure from the now defunct battery business.

I want to thank the many people who sent me cards, called me, visited me, sent flowers, plants and balloons.  For someone who was feeling so down on herself it was rewarding beyond words to see the expressions of love and caring.

I am making progress though not quite as fast as I would like.  I dress and put on shoes every day JUST in case the opportunity to go somewhere pops up. 

Yesterday it was a trip to Costco in the afternoon and because I had suffered from chest pains all day and a general funky mood, Jeff took me out to Andy's for a visit with all of them - which included dinner at the restaurant called "Andy's".  At the end of dinner I told Ben that I was going home and that I would see him next week.  We did the extended hugs and kisses routine but he went willingly home with Andy and Stacey.

Today is put away the laundry day.  I'd give almost anything to never have to do that particular chore again.  What a drag.  My assignment for today is to continue typing on my story "The Inside of a Suicide".  I might share it with my doctors.

Enjoy Monday.  Next Monday everybody can sleep in!!

P




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...