Saturday, May 11, 2013

May 11, 2013

Happy almost Mother's Day.  Sorry Dads you will have to wait for your celebration next month.  Perhaps you'll get breakfast in bed - NOT.  That breakfast in bed stuff looks so wonderful in the movies but in reality I don't think it's that much fun.  The coffee will spill, crumbs in the bed and forget about eating frosty flakes while reclining like Cleopatra.  

Yesterday was more paperwork and I am now truly sick of paper.  Problem is that 5 months is a very long time to not file and the task is now overwhelming.  I have stacks literally all over the floor.  I leave them there due to a lack of interest on my part.  Easier to shove everything in a box, tape it shut and shove it down the stairs into the bowels of the basement.  And never to be heard of again.

Picked up my car which was getting an oil change and a x-mile checkup and discovered that we need not one but four new tires.  Pricey but necessary.

We drove out to Andy and Stacey's house last night and the house is lovely.  We ate dinner out with them and then came back and attempted to be of help in emptying some boxes.  Came home at midnight and fell into bed exhausted.

Today is cooking and baking day.  I am making orange sicle cookies for Benjamin's tea party that he is having with me.  Prepping for spaghetti to serve tomorrow and a cake that calls for liquid jello to be poured on the top of the cake while it's still warm.  Top with cool whip and you've got a great dessert.  And you can almost kid yourself that it's not calorie laden!

Chores today includes a trip to the credit union and the grocery store to get the required food(s) for tomorrow. Gonna try and get a nap in there sometime today.  I've been doing very well about moving around.  My reverse steps causes me a great deal of trouble.  I get dizzy not to be confused with ditzy which is a completely different problem and one I am likely to suffer from every now and again!

This is short today - MomMom has got some serious baking/cooking to do today.  To all my lady friends and relatives - Happy Mother's Day.

P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...