Thursday, May 30, 2013

May 30, 2013

It's Thursday and hot and humid here in DC.  I guess summer has arrived and the drone of air conditioners fills the air, mine included.  Luckily, we have a two zone a/c system so we can keep the lower floor so/so temperature wise and the bedroom can be Arctic cold, which is the way we like it.  After all isn't that why blankets were invented?  And heavens know I keep a bunch on my bed all year round.  No out of season cold front will catch me unaware!

Benjamin came to visit us this week and we shared him with Auntie Kim.  Kim is super active and as you suspect, I am not.  Kim ran him hard during the day and we took turns having him at night for book reading and super cuddle time.

Last night Andy and Stacey were coming to Frederick to pick out blinds for their new house so Jeff and I took Benjamin to dinner and then we loaded him and the carseat (no easy task) into the plane and flew around Frederick for an hour.  We didn't bring a set of child headphones so I gave him my set and I listened to the drone of the engine which under certain circumstances, will put you to sleep!

Today I don't have an appointment of any kind so if I find myself motivated (ha), I will try and pick up the crayons before they get mushed into the carpet and clean the kitchen.

After months of not using my library card to reserve books, I finally figured out how to use the online services and have put a hold on several books.  One of the books I have reserved is about a child's account of Heaven which I'm very interested in reading.

No big exciting news from the Bassett house.  Jeff and I, but more Jeff, are treading water as fast as we can so that we don't go under financially.

I'd love to stay and chat but my house calls me - to do something - anything!

Stay cool.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...