Wednesday, May 5, 2021

It's Just Wednesday!

 4/5/2021

This morning I was given an indication that this wearing mask wearing thing, has gone on too long! How do I know this? Because, this morning when I went to put a mask on, bits and pieces of the elastic fell off! Luckily, it was just one of those generic blue masks, but still. 

As we did years ago, when we women burned our bras. I'm pretty sure that we'll be burning masks, when we can.

The six foot rule doesn't apply, if you can't hear the other person and vice versa. There are several women in the exercise class, that don't hear very well. I have to actually talk into their ears. So, there goes the 6 foot rule!

I'm a bit excited about today. I'm on the schedule to have a pedicure! Now, in the big picture, I don't think many men understand how important this is for women!! Even, if you don't wear sandals, and I don't.

I've reached that part of my life, where I prefer elastic waist bands (actually, I only) for my clothes. They are so comfortable and pretty forgiving. Thanksgiving comes to mind.

My shoes, which are super ugly, have Velcro straps. It's pretty hard for me to be able to reach my feet, which, for the most part, takes tie shoes out of the question. I think back to my past, and that was a long time ago, when I wore heels (I was younger), shoes with straps, things like that. I wear Birkenstocks. The first time you wear these shoes, it feels like you are wearing shoe boxes! But, after a time, my Birkenstocks have become one with each other. They're worn in, and I have actually paid to have them resoled. They are like old friends.

Pestilence has a long history of influencing how people dress. The bubonic plague killed as much as half of Europe’s population in the 1300s, leaving survivors with hefty inheritances and higher wages. Some historians credit the plague for sparking demand for finely tailored clothing and luxury goods—clothes became tighter, decorative features like buttons and fur trim became more common, people got really into grand headdresses. In this way, the plague gave rise to the Italian fashion industry, which still helps set global trends. Little known fact that I decided to throw in.

And, then we come to leggings. The first boon was from 2006 to 2010. They eventually resurfaced, and recently has been a big deal in the fashion industry, I will confess I have one pair of leggings - black. I purposely ordered a larger size, because let's face it folks, leggings don't look on everybody. The upsurge of tunics to wear with leggings, is also not flattering for most women. I don't have a highly toned body, and the last thing I want people to see is, a tunic stretched against my back side! I've looked in the mirror, and the look isn't good, believe me on this! They say accent your possibilities, or something like that. I'm not thin, by any stretch of the imagination. So, the last thing I want to wear is leggings with a pattern of some kind. Don't get me wrong, that type of patterned leggings, looks very good on some people. I just happen to be one of those, that should stick to plain colors! And, wear them seldom, and generally only in the house.

I'm not an adventures person. My hair is really starting to go gray, and I personally like the look. On one hand, I don't want to try and keep dying my hair, to hide the gray. It's just a fact of life, so get over it. When my mother was older, she dyed her hair some kind of red. Not a good look for her. Happily, she returned back to gray, which was a good look for her.

Men get a pass. A lot of men look really good with a smattering of gray hair. Think, Ricard Gere, as an example. Men look dignified, some women just look old.

I've chatted on, and now it's time for lunch.

Talk to you tomorrow.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...