Thursday, May 6, 2021

New Management Company

 5/6/2021

Good morning everybody. I hope all of you are having a better day than I am.

A new management company took over the facility where I live. Old management told the residents, that we likely wouldn't even notice the change. They lied! Which actually we didn't believe.

We have an exercise class every morning, and I never failed to go. This morning, while we were waiting for Sandy, whom everybody loved, we were told that she decided to move on. The company says it was a personal decision, and not one taken by management. I call BS.  After we were told, you could have heard a pin drop. Losing Sandy, was a big blow to the regulars. Now another body from management is gone. I guess for now, we all will stay in our rooms, and thankfully have things to work on. 

But, here's the thing. Even in a facility, like this one, you get really attached to both residents and staff. 

Losing Sandy, leaves a large hole in my heart. When you are around the same people every day, close bonds are made. It's a part of life. People come into your life, and then sometimes they go out. Even casual relationships can form a strong bond between  people.

While I write this, I am heavily burdened by the events of today. I'll be fine, it just takes time.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...