Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Frustration

5/18/2021

It's Tuesday - big whoop. When I worked, about 100 years ago, give a year or two ago, Wednesday, with the exception of a weekend, was a good day for me. I was halfway through the week. That was good enough to keep me going. Something to look forward to.

Here at the "old folks" home, each day is no more exciting than the one before. We had (emphasis on had) a very likeable, and talented engagement director. Sandy was very encouraging, no matter what your finished product looked like - flower arranging, painting, etc. And, now she's gone. There is a new management company running this facility, and since Sandy didn't say good-bye, we suspect that she quit rather than transition to the new company.

So, for the moment, the 7 or 8 of us, that actively participated in the activities, have nothing much to do now. Since there are no activities, I'm assuming that Sandy just walked away. If this was just turning loose people, then they would have waiting someone to take her place.

Ever tried to contact a company. But, you can't find them? It's happening to Jeff and I, as I write. Jeff bought me a beautiful walker, or whatever you call it. I liked because the wires were inside the frame. The ones that have wires on the outside of the frame, catch on everything. Which in turn, makes those wires stick out more and more. While it shouldn't matter, this walker, or whatever you call it, is a deep red, and no wires outside the frame. Heaven sent definitely.

Since moving here, I get a frown from the staff, if I don't have my "buggy" with me all the time. I know their right, but I feel really older, when I walk with my buggy. But, I also know from experience, that if you are moving the buggy around, without the brakes, said buggy is just going to pull away from you. And, one way or another, you're likely to fall down. When I'm involved, it's not likely that I'll fall down, it's a matter of when I fall.

Last night, forgetting that I'm sleeping on a twin size bed, I slipped or fell when I was in bed. I tried to pull myself up using my mattress, but it was too soft. Then, I went back to the basics of my falling. Yup. Crawled on my knees until I could get to my desk, so I could stand up. Had to do that twice. I'm only 71, so I'm really looking forward to getting older!! Not. 

Ever bought something, from let's say Amazon, and you need a part, etc. You can't actually find enough information to correspond with the manufacturer. That's where Amazon comes in.

And, yes this situation if where we are today. My buggy or whatever you call it, has a bent wheel. Could Jeff fix it. Likely. But fixing this, shouldn't be something that he has to do.

Because I always look forward to the challenge of finding "x". This afternoon, I found "x", the address and email address for the maker of my buggy. Initially, Jeff needs a replacement part, or a new buggy. When I first acquired my buggy, I didn't take it everywhere I went. But, after falling, and getting new bruises, I take her (got to give her a name) everywhere, or I get that dreaded look. You know the one: what in hell are you doing without your buggy? Answer, I will be okay if I stay inside. And, after the last fall, in my room, I'm actually not allowed to leave my buggy in my room. I guess I should be happy, that it's not one of those little carts in a store, where you get that "beep beep" sound when you're in reverse. They can't help, but look at you. At least, unlike other shoppers I see at WalMart, my body doesn't hang over both sides. There's something to be happy about.

Closing now, before the therapists come and pull me out of my room.

Later.

P





No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...