Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Getting Services

7/26/2017

My rehab facility has set me up with a series of home visits by different individuals.  So far, a physical therapist, a social worker, a nurse have all been to the house.  Many services have been talked about, and since I don't have a remarkable short term memory, my head is fairly swirling with all the information I've been given.  Thankfully, Jeff was home yesterday when the Social Worker came.  She is coming back today with resources that can and/or will be useful to me.  

Once of the biggest resources is something called MetroAccess, where you are picked up at your home and delivered to a store, doctor's office, etc.  If approved, this could allow me to be "more" independent and give Stacey her life back.

I have been watching "Dog, The Bounty Hunter" on television.  Apparently, the "Dog's" net worth is around $10 million.  I guess if I was earning that kind of money, I probably wouldn't feel the need to button up my shirt either!  They have a home in Hawaii and another one in Colorado.  It appears that there is money to be made in chasing down the folks who have skipped bail and/or missed court dates. I'm sure the show is scripted but that in no way minimizes my enthusiasm. It's just a fun show to watch - at least for me.

Today, I have physical therapy and another visit from the social worker.  I feel as if I'm the recipient of the help that I need and I'm grateful for it.

Yesterday, I gathered up my strength and determination to vacuum the living room carpet, and boy did it need it.  Perhaps I'll dust today and then again maybe not.  Ah, the luxury of being retired.

Next week I'm off to see both doctors and hopefully between the two of them they will have a game plan of how to "cure" me.  This whole leg/foot thing is wearing me down, and it's not doing too much for my attitude either!

I'm off to visit my recliner ....

P

 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...