Monday, July 24, 2017

Home Alone

7/24/2017

Just like in the movie, I'm home alone today.  Well, alone if you don't count the girls. Compared to the last time I was supposed to stay by myself, I am much stronger than I was before.  And, while it's not pretty, I can go up and down the stairs, but it's tiring.  With few exceptions, I have everything I need here on the first floor.  Food, potty, television.  Pretty much everything that I could need or want.

While I can "walk" on my own, it's much easier when I use the walker, oh and faster too!  Even though my wheelchair is smaller in size, it still doesn't fit very well in the kitchen.  I had the best of intentions of getting up this morning when Jeff did, but after thinking about it briefly, rolled back over and went back to sleep.  I'm sure that Jeff fed the dogs, otherwise they would have probably chewed off my foot!

Getting a visit this afternoon from a home health person.  I am supposed to have on a weekly basis, a number of folks coming to the house to make me stronger and more able to care for myself.  What I would like to do is take a shower, but that's tricky business, when standing up for periods of time isn't my strong suit as yet.  And, as Jeff has reminded me, that when bodies are wet, they are slippery. 

Watching a show on Netflix called "Ozarks" which is about money laundering.  It's binge worthy I promise you.

We had a lot of rain and thunder yesterday.  The good thing about rain is that I can tell whether the girls have actually gone outside!  Of course, I also have to contend with muddy paws.  Today, is brilliant sunshine and a beautiful blue sky.  It's hard to believe that next week we'll be in August already.  Time to start watching for all of the ads for back to school clothes and supplies.  Really glad that's all behind me now.  

Have a wonderful Monday.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...