Saturday, July 22, 2017

Home Again - Fainnly

7/22/2017

Stacy and Benjamin brought me home yesterday morning.  Am I glad to be home?  Absolutely.  Does it feel strange to be home?  Definitely.  I've been gone so long that it feels surreal to be here.  While I "lounged" in the hospital and the rehab center, life has gone on around me.  Dust doesn't collect under busy feet and Jeff has certainly been busy while I've been away.  He had to go to work, take care of the dogs in the morning, visit me mostly on his way home, fix his dinner and take care of the dogs and go to bed.  It sounds exhausting to me as I type this.

I know that Rome wasn't built overnight, and my house will not be back to "normal" (whatever the heck that is), for a period of time.  I am more mobile now than I have been, but I'm not going to win any race anytime soon.  Actually, even before I was hurt, I wouldn't have won any race back then either come to think of it!

I will be getting home services starting tomorrow.  I think I'm supposed to have a nurse visit sometime each week, and receive physical and occupational therapy too.  The key thing here is:  don't sit down so much.  I have been "granted" a wheelchair from Medicare, so I can and will propel myself around the downstairs.   

Stacey, who I can't thank enough, spent yesterday afternoon and a large part of the evening, doing laundry, cleaning floors and pretty much everything else.  I have never been comfortable with sitting down while somebody cleans my house.  It makes me feel very much like a slug. 

Since I'm in charge of paperwork, and have been gone for nearly two months, there is a bit of mail that needs sorting and depositing in the right file, trash can or shredder.  What I do have currently, is time.  So, I need to "tap" down my OCD feelings and take things one step at a time.  This, of course, is super difficult to do.

Jeff continues to be my primary caregiver (i.e., chief cook, bottle washer, medicine dispenser, etc.) and I don't know if it's easier for him to have me home.  When I was in rehab, he didn't have to wonder what kind of business I was getting into.  Now that I'm home, I flit for lack of a better word, from clothes that need to be folded and paperwork that needs attention (shredding/filing).  I wish I had a genie in the bottle who could make the piles of clothes brought home from rehab disappear!  

I'll keep this short this morning.  I'm going to get some breakfast, get dressed and start my day.

P

1 comment:

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...