Thursday, February 11, 2021

Here I Am

 2/11/2021

I missed yesterday (ya think). For most of the day, as well as this morning, I've been looking at senior communities. It's not only location, location, but amenities and cost. Obviously, cost has to be a part of our decision.

We are going to tour later this week, a community that, in a virtual tour, looks so peaceful. It has an ideal location, surrounded by a large green space. They even have visiting horses! How cool is that?

I guess the only downside is that my stay has to be for a month. I can leave after "x" amount of weeks, but will still have to pay for the month.

For this respite stay, I want to live in a studio apartment. This is far from ideal, but I'll be able to participate in all activities and the meals too.

If this turns out to be the one, then I would obviously want a 1 bedroom apartment. A big reason for a short stay in a community, is that I'll be among people. I am "somewhat" of a reclusive person, but the virus has made my world smaller and smaller.

I want a community that has lots of activities and good food. About the food, the sample menu looks delicious. Hence, I'll have to be really careful, about what I eat. And the pictures of the desserts, makes my mouth water. And I do like my sweets!! Since I've given away all my clothes that were too big, I must remain a steady weight. Heaven forbid that I gain weight, that would be very depressing.

The weather prediction for our area, was supposed to be 1 to 5 inches. All we've received so far, is a dusting. Not satisfying at all. If Mother Nature wants to have snow, then let's have snow. The one little storm we had, we let the girls out to play. During the 4 years they've been with us, this was, if I remember correctly, their first really snow day. They played outside, but were very quick about coming inside to rest beside the fireplace. 

More tomorrow.

P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...