Monday, February 1, 2021

Monday Update

 2/1/2021

Yesterday, we finally had snow. Not the "foots" that Scott likes, but enough snow that needed shoveling. When we first moved here in 1986, a neighbor told Jeff that after shoveling, the driveway should be cleared often. 

Scott, very generously, gave Jeff his snow blower. He has a tractor with an attachment that deals with snow. Maybe it's a plow, but I'm not sure. Jeff went out to the driveway, and with the snow blower, made quick work of moving snow from the driveway.

This snow was really the first snow that the girls had experienced. They loved being outside, and particularly Daisy just ran and ran. Unlike, Bella, Daisy has more energy and when given an opportunity, races around several neighbor's yard, and then comes right back. Let's just say that when the girls came inside, they both parked themselves in front of the fireplace!

We get our first shot tomorrow. Our appointment is with one of Johns Hopkins facility in our area. Fingers crossed, that if we do have to wait our turn, there won't be a long line. Here's hoping.

After talking to Andrew last night, and sometimes I forget that he's an adult, he had several suggestions about meals being delivered and the hiring of a companion for me. Jeff has taken over the hunt for a companion, and several people, have already sent him a reply.

Jeff posted a "want ad", if you will, on a site where you can see the bios of people who want jobs. I don't know the particulars of his posting. I do feel bad, that this is just one more thing on his plate. He has a full-time job, and on some days and weekends, he's working way more than 8 hours a day. So, you can see, that I try not to get in the way of his working. Getting paid to stay home, with no rush hour, makes it a bit easier to keep working. And, his accounts love him.

I had posted on the neighborhood's bulletin board, that I was looking for a companion. The posting received many people who are looking for much needed money.

But, in the end, after talking to Andrew, who had many suggestions, about prepared meals delivered, and the more realistic price range, for somebody to come and "sit" with me, and be kind. At the moment, and for other people, than myself, are lonely. I already have somebody who cleans the house once a week  I can still do laundry and put dishes in the dishwasher. But, I'm been pretty much banned from using the oven and cook top. Something about starting a fire in the microwave, so Jeff fixes all the meals now. Boy, did he get the wrong side of our vows "for better or worse"!! I am currently the worse part of our marriage. There are times when I actually wish that I could have dementia, so that I wouldn't know what I don't now. Did that make sense? At the moment, my memory trips me up. Why? Because I'm still aware, some of the time, that I think I know how to do something, and in reality I really don't.

The weather is all over the place right now. I'm hoping wherever you are, that certain kinds of weather (hurricanes, and the like) have not impacted you personally.

P


 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...