Monday, February 22, 2021

i'M bAAAAAACK!!!!

2/22/2021

Cinderella, has returned from her vacation. I stayed at Andrew and Stacey's house for a week. It was a most pleasurable, quiet (for the most part) and calm place to be.

While I was there, Stacey and I toured several retirement communities in person. Others were toured virtually. Truth is, that every place we went tour we took away, some positives as well as negatives. 

All of the communities we visited were warm and inviting. I suppose that could be just a "front", but somehow didn't seem to be the case.

At one community, the chef prepared a special lunch for Stacey and myself. The food was excellent. We even had dessert. The director found an empty apartment, so we sat at a table, where the two of us could compare notes. Actually, Stacey who took pictures and notes, summarized everything for me.

I had originally thought about a respite stay of 30 days. One of the biggest problems with that, is you have to bring in your own furniture. You can stay more than 30 days. But, my thinking is, that is that if I like a community, then why not just move in as a resident. Most places, rent from month to month. If you give them 30 days notice, before you move out, the lease simply ends.

At one community, there was an old woman sitting in her room with the door open. Keeping our distance, we asked if she was happy. Wrong question, wrong person. Her family put here there, and she is very unhappy. Truly, I felt sorry for her. My family isn't putting me anywhere. I'm putting myself somewhere. 

During a tour of some place, at day's end, my brain was a muddled mess. Go figure. Oh, back to my original thought. We met the maintenance man. He told me that if/when I move in, he would be happy to put handles on the cupboards for me. Also, hang pictures, etc. I liked him very much, he was very nice. And, even with the mask on, could see that my eyes were tearing up. As I walked beside him, and before he went back to work, he told me that the community was a very nice place to stay. 

I talked to the Chef at some place, and he gave me a copy of the month's menu. IF, I went there, I would really have to watch my calories! I really love desserts. And, if you're wondering, fruit is not a dessert for me.

While at Andrew's house, Benjamin and I played Scrabble. I haven't played this for a very long time, but actually did pretty well. I allowed Benjamin to win, because that was important to him. I also let him use an on-line Scrabble dictionary, so that he could look up a word. In my mind, that felt like cheating, but I was playing for fun. By the way, this old woman, with the addled mind, and no dictionary, held her own.

Also, while I was there, everybody showed me how to get to emails, calendars, etc. While, I'm certainly not a pro, I think I did pretty well.

I'm home now, sleeping in my own bed, with Daisy and Bella, taking up space, like they have always done. The girls missed me, apparently, because Daisy, really wanted to get in my lap, like we do every day.

Second shot this week. The first shot, neither Jeff or I, had no reactions. Hopefully, the one this week, will go as well.

Since I can't seem to keep masks on, because Stacey says my ears are too little, she has given me a crocheted "thing" (I don't know what it's really called), that has buttons on both sides. Basically, I put the mask on, and loop the strings around the buttons. I hope this works, because every mask I use keeps falling of my ears! I am also happy that there is at least one part of me that is small!!

I'll stop for the day. But, I'll be back in my chair tomorrow. I hope that during my absence last week, I didn't lose any followers.

Have a good week.

P


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...