Thursday, February 11, 2021

Happy Monday

 2/8/2021

Happy Monday everyone. We had a little, as in dusting, snow over the weekend. With little snow, the only thing you have to do, if you want to, is use a broom!

But, the snow coming on Wednesday, at least I think so, is going to give us several inches. Or, at least, that's what the weatherman indicates.

Jeff went to the store yesterday afternoon, and the stores, were almost empty. Everybody was at home watching the Super Bowl. After dinner, we watched the game, which we had recorded on our Tivo. Okay, to be honest, ONE of us watched the game, and the other person did some reading. So, it was a peaceful kind of afternoon.

For dinner, Jeff made creamy chicken soup, with vegetables. It was really good, as always. Problem is, that I'm not much of a soup person. Jeff could have soup twice a day, as well as every day. 

In my spare time, I have been looking for respite care for myself. You go to a retirement community, and stay for "x" amount of days. Doing respite care, gives the caregiver (Jeff) a break. And, it allows the patient (me), to (a) live alone; and (b) decide whether I like that particular facility. Obviously, you can do respite care in more than one facility. Living in a community, you get to participate in all the activities, chef prepared meals, your own apartment, etc.

One of the communities I found, has nearly a full page of amenities. Beauty salon, meals and snacks, transportation to surrounding areas, and a whole bunch of other things. Anywhere, I go, I'll be the youngest person there. This would be sort of like being a teenager again!!

It's really cold, at least for me, and the fireplace, will be on for the day. Boy, do I love, and the girls do as well, love a warm room. The problem with having the fire going, is if the room gets too hot, then you get sleepy. And, it's possible that is a good thing.

Jeff has bought several games for me, and somebody else, to play. One of those games is Scrabble. I'm not sure how well I will do, but I'm willing to try.

To keep my brain from scrambling more, I play on-line games. But, I am not very successful, even when I'm playing a one person game! How sad is that? This is just a part of my life.

Took a little break for a Zoom meeting with the doctor who keeps my head from spinning out of control!!

Have a good day. Please be safe.

P

 

 


 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...