Thursday, February 25, 2021

Second Shot Today

 2/25/2021

Today, Jeff and I are getting our second shot. While I know we will still have to do the usual things, like wearing a mask, it just makes me feel a bit more protected.

This afternoon, Jeff and I are going to tour the assisted living community, that Stacey and I liked very much. The only available apartments, at the moment, are studios. I'm willing to live in a studio, while waiting for a one bedroom apartment. 

I hope Jeff likes the community as much, as Stacey and I did. I'll be on the younger side, but apparently, there is someone in their 50's that lives there.

I am mentally making a list of things that I need to bring and/or buy. I'm hoping that I don't have to wait a long time before a one bedroom apartment becomes available. In the big picture, the size of an apartment, doesn't really matter. What matters most is being able to participate in activities, and meet new people. I definitely need the interaction with people, even if most of them, are older than me. But, having said that, I know that, everybody has a story, and it will be fun to share them. I think of myself as a "teenager" with regard to the other residents! I guess we can all grow old together.

I'm hoping to move in, as soon as possible. I, will, of course, miss the house, Jeff and the dogs. The community allows pets, but I can see no benefit to bringing in a pet, who for much of the day, will be left alone. Instead, I think I will buy a big sized stuff animal of some sort.

It's a bright sunny day, in my neighborhood. I hope it's like that where you are.

P


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...