Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Today's The Day

 2/2/2021

Today's the day for Jeff and I. It's our turn to get vaccinated! I have never in my life, enjoyed getting a shot. But, today is different, big time different. It's been a fairly long process to get an appointment. I hope, but don't know for certain if we'll have to stand in line. Taking no chances, I'm bringing my walker along, just in case.

Since we're having our shot at a Hopkins facility, perhaps there might not so many people there. Fingers crossed.

Jeff has taken over the hiring a "sitter" for me. Yes, it's come to that. For the most part, I can't be left alone. I'm impulsive these days, and that's why I thought standing on a chair to get something from the cupboard, would be safe. Sadly, it wasn't, but other than bruises on my leg, and damage to my ego, I'm okay. This old gal has very good bones. I drink milk, and eat ice cream, which is a wonderful substitute. for milk!

Tomorrow, I'm getting a visit from a neighbor, whom I have never met. Our neighbored, isn't known for being chummy. Tomorrow, I'll have some company in the afternoon. I always look forward to anything that is going to be different than my usual days. I'm so lonely, but have to ask Jeff to take me somewhere, and he's working, for the most part, 12 to 14 hours a day.

Since I have my clothes all sorted out (mostly), the next challenge, and it's a big one, is organize all the plastic boxes and lids together. Generally, I find a bottom but no lid, or the other way around. Very frustrating, and I hope to fix this situation. You shouldn't have to go through multiple cupboards looking for tops and bottoms! If I find, that I don't have a matching pair, then I'll toss them out. Most of the time, when you throw away something, like a sock, because it has no mate, You'll eventually find the missing sock!

I hope you have a great day. Please be safe. We're getting closer and closer to having these needed shots, which will still require the wearing of masks.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...