Friday, January 29, 2021

An Outing!

 1/29/2020

Look I started my blog BEFORE noon. I'm very proud of myself.

Yesterday, Stacey and Benjamin came to visit. I don't get a lot, or most of the time, visitors. And, this is particularly true now with the virus.

It was wonderful to see both of them. Benjamin came prepared to do his homework. Stacey and I went to Michael's to look for a different shadow box, for the gift she gave me at Christmas. The predominant color of the shadow box and frame were white. When looking for a new box, we decided that black was a better option. Took it home, Stacey put the Unicorn picture.made out of very colorful ribbons, that were either twisted or arranged carefully for the Unicorn's mane. 

While we were at Michael's, I told Stacey that I had bought a Diamond Dotz kit of a butterfly. When I bought it four years ago, Bella was a puppy. And, a puppy that believed, everything in the house was hers for taking. Long story short, she had taken the butterfly kit to the backyard. Luckily, she only chewed on the box; but, somehow she managed to get out of the tools needed to make the butterfly. This kit has set in a spare room for all these years.

While we were shopping, she and I came across a Dotz card with hearts. It's small, and had enough time to show me how to put on these, I guess you could call them dots, on the card. My hands shake a bit, so the placement of the dots was difficult. I could get the dots on the card, but Stacey had to use her fingers, to move the dots into their correct position.

Before Stacey left for home, she took care of hanging up some pictures that I had received at Christmas. So, my unicorn picture and my raggedy Ann and Andy picture, are now in their proper place. Now, the only thing I would like to hang in my office, is a bulletin board, where I could place the bits and pieces of artwork from Benjamin and my sister. My sister is now making beautiful pictures, so as one of her gifts in her "sister" box, was a large box filled with colored pencils, oil, chalk, a set of water colors. It was a good gift for her, and I have been rewarded with some of her pictures - and they are beautiful!

It's winter back here, but last year, we only received a dusting, not the "foots" that Scott likes. The forecast shows snow on Sunday and Monday, with perhaps an accumulation of somewhere between 3 and 5 inches. Of course, in a blink of the eye, the weather could move into a different direction, and we won't get snow. 

Scott has a plow attachment for his tractor. He was nice enough to bring up his snow blower, which will make clearing the driveway much easier. 

Because there is talk of upcoming snow, the stores where Jeff shops, will likely be madness. If, we couldn't get to the store, for the most part, we'd be fine. We have water, it comes from our faucet, toilet paper, and plenty of food in the big freezer. If, per chance, we ran out of milk or eggs, we wouldn't go hungry. And, the gas log fireplace, which also has a blower, will make the den very, very warm. Sometimes, too warm. You can get drowsy if the fireplace is on! Bella and Daisy both give the fireplace a rating of 10 out of 10. Their only problem, which they are able to work out, is who gets the best spot in front of the fireplace.

Since I'm not in front of the fireplace, and it's very cold outside, I want to get my chores done, so that I can return back to the den!

Jeff and I have appointments to get our vaccines, but likely will still have to stand outside, for our turn. If, we do have to stand in line, then I'll stay in the car, while Jeff waits. I'm physically not able to stand for a long time. And, the stories I read about, say that just because you have an appointment, doesn't mean you'll still have to wait. To me, this makes no sense. We are at the stage where people 65 and older, are supposed to get their shots. Somehow, I believe that there will be other people in line, who are definitely over the age of 65. Once we get our shot in a few weeks, I can report how long, we would have to wait in line. And, it's cold back here at the moment. 

When the nights are super cold, we don't use more blankets. Nope, we just pull up a dog or two, between us, and they give off a lot of heat.

Remember to do the right things. Perhaps, before the end of the year, most of us will have had our shots. Although they say, we will still have to wear our masks.

See you on Monday.

P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...