Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Bachelor or Bacelorette

 1/19/2021

I have certain television shows, that I watch every episode, they are that interesting. To me, but perhaps not you.

Years ago, I started the Bachelor and Bacelorette (I think that's the correct spelling). With these shows, they remind me a little bit of a Danielle Steel's books. Beautiful woman (or women), and a handsome man, or men.

Right now, it's the ladies turn. The single man, who they are all trying to spend as much time with, as possible. This is predicted, and I wonder how much is scripted?

In turn, the women are always gorgeous, have a full wardrobe of beautiful gowns/dresses to wear. There are group dates (ugh), as well as one-to-one dates. Of course, the women want a solo date, because if you think 3 is a crowd, imagine yourself with possibly 18 or 19 contenders. To make yourself visible, you have to be outgoing, brazen, and there is always one of those, and I could go on and on.

The goal for either show, is to become engaged. As the number of contestants decreases, the contestants who are left, really start to ratchet up individual time with the bachelor or bachelorette.

After all, if the "x" person doesn't really see you, amidst the other woman/man, then your chances of getting a ring, are slim. You know, that at the end of the show, there is always an engagement, with a diamond ring, the size of Texas (not really, but it's definitely big). Of course, the person at the end of the show, always says yes. Looking at the numbers, only 6 couples married and remain married. That's not a really big number. Perhaps, some couples buy into the world of fantasy, where Unicorns live. Ah, but reality starts to set in. He/she lives on one side of the country, and the other person generally on the other side. Does somebody have to give up their home and their job, to follow someone they have only spent several weeks together. Touch decisions. And, by the numbers, you can see that not many couples stay together. When you live with, or marry, your worlds are turned upside down. 

I've had a thought about these shows lately. What would happen if the contestants were not quite as attractive, and/or perhaps a isn't the size of a twig. Would people really watch a show about "normal" people. Perhaps, by watching such a show, it would connect with the rest of the population. That's a pipe dream, and ain't gonna happen.

SWITCHING GEARS

Tomorrow, all channels, will be broadcasting all day and even into the evening.  Our favorite channel is CNN. I don't know if it's the best place to get your news, but we enjoy the commentators. I'll set our Tivo to record the goings on for the day.

It's going to be an inauguration, the likes of which, I hope to never experience again. Thanks to the insurrection on the 6th, Biden will not have the opportunity to walk on Pennsylvania Avenue. And the hand-off from Trump to Biden, isn't going to happen either. But, for me, that's okay.

Tomorrow, will not only be a new day, but a day full of optimism, for most Americans.

I'll stop now. I probably won't blog tomorrow, because I'll be watching all of the activities.

Even, if you have been vaccinated, they say that you should still do the usual, as we have done for most of last year.


  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...