Monday, January 4, 2021

Back to "Normal"

1/4/2021

Today, just about everybody, returns to either work or school. And, what am I doing you ask? Organizing - clothes! This is a daunting task, that requires trying on a number of clothes, to make sure that they are (a) not too big; (b) not drastically too small, as in I'll likely never be able to get my weight down, to wear them; and, finally, clothes that I, frankly, just don't want anymore. 

So far, I have filled 4 of those large plastic bags with clothes, that I'm ready to donate. You know how we ladies always tell our husbands, that we have nothing to wear! For me personally, with the filling of four bags, it is obvious that I had too many clothes (don't tell Jeff), in my closets.

The last time Scott was he mounted a large television in our bedroom. Problem? Last night, for instance, I was watching a show, and I thought I was sleepy. Not so much. A downside to the television in our room, is that I get too wired to go to sleep. This is not good. Perhaps, useful if I want to take a nap during the day.

I have high hopes for this new year. Pretty much anything, would be better than the year we just went through. I don't know when Jeff and I will be eligible for the vaccine, but when it's our turn, we'll be in line. Pretty much like everybody else!

I love Christmas time. Not for the things that I receive, but the presents that I give. But, as my family knows, when Christmas is over, for me, it's really over. I take all the decorations off of my little artificial tree, and along with garland, pack them up for next year. I like lights, all year round. Since it's not hurting anybody, and we seldom have visitors, I'll probably just keep the tree up all this year. If, for no other reason, is how pretty the little tree is, when we tell Alexa to turn on "x" smart plug. Or, however that works.

Scott, who now works for AT&T, he bought his family, and Jeff new cellphones, Samsung I think. At one time, in the early stages of Bella being a puppy, she took my cellphone, out into the yard, chewed on it, pushed it into the mud, etc. This didn't go well once the phone was retrieved, and put to a natural death. I was told at the time, that I would never get a cellphone again ever. But, important to note, I really don't need one, since I am seldom alone. But, if by chance, I do find myself alone, I would be able to call Jeff for help.

I no longer drive  the family thinks that my response to a situation would be com-promised. I agree with everybody, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I'm only 71, but my world gets smaller and smaller. 

Scott bought me an iPhone, last year, and so far it's sitting on a kitchen counter. I've pushed the phone way in the back. Since I'm not a regular cellphone person, I bought one of those "dummy" books, titled iPhone for Seniors. It's true that I could be told how to do this and that with the phone. But I wouldn't understand and/or remember what I was being told. Much better for me to read this dummy book, and find out exactly how the phone works! 

If, for no other reason, I would like to be able to take pictures. And, perhaps a jog to my memory, of upcoming appointments. Things like that. I don't make calls to my friends, very often. Being me, I always assume that when I call, I'm interrupting their day. For the most part, I know that none of this is true, but that's just how my brain works! Or, how my brain doesn't work so well anymore. I hate, what my life has become. And, it's maddening to those around me, that they have to repeat things multiple times. Notes don't work, because I can't remember where the list is. Such is my life.

Due, in part, because of the new strain of the virus, I have made the decision to not leave the house, unless I have to absolutely go somewhere. For instance, going to get a pedicure is not so important (actually it is) that I should be around other people.

I've even decided not to go to work with my personal trainer. When I'm with the trainer, I generally ride the bike, for at least 10 or 15 minutes. The sessions are for 30 minutes. After being on the bike, it leaves little time to do much else. 

The weather here has been gloomy and rainy for several days. And, this absolutely doesn't improve my mood.

Stay healthy and safe everybody.

P



 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...