Wednesday, January 27, 2021

I'm Back

 1/27/2021

In case you're wondering, if I have wandered off, I haven't. I can give you a myriad of excuses, but I won't. For several days this week, I was busy with doctor appointments. Secondly, I couldn't seem to come up, in my tiny brain, anything much to write about.

We had our first "snow" this week. I guess you could call it that, but it turned out to be just a dusting. Boring. Since Jeff and I don't have to worry about getting to an office, and the boys are now grown, we wouldn't mind some countable amount of snow. Forecast says that we will have some snow, possibly next week. Since Scott has a tractor with a blade attachment for pushing snow around, he gave Jeff his snow blower. And, that means, we'll probably not need it! If we do get snow, we are prepared. Lots of food in the house, and we also have "Jenny" our whole house generator. Haven't really needed it, since it was installed, but I'm sure that there will be a time when Jenny will be more than useful. 

Yesterday, the Veterans came and picked up my six bags of clothes (don't tell Jeff, because there are still a lot of my clothes in the closets. Mind you, even knowing that, doesn't stop, my, desire to want new clothes. Every woman does, it's just in our DNA!

I've done some research, because I wanted to know how much these "reality" people are paid. The people on the show "Alaska Last Frontier", get paid $1,500 per episode, boy I would like to earn that much money. One of the brothers on the show, Otto, has a net worth of $4 million dollars. There's a lot you can do with that kind of money. It's also true that you are in front of the camera for most of the day, while doing their chores. 

On the show "Gold Rush", Tony Beets is worth 15 million dollars. Two of the other "stars" on this show get $25,000 per episode. Perhaps, Jeff and I should take up mining for gold! We  haven't had any success playing the lottery, partly because we don't buy tickets! Hard to win, if you don't play.

It's cold here in my office, so I'm heading back to the den and the cozy fireplace.

Finally, Jeff and I have vaccine appointments in February. Because of our age, we are finally getting vaccinated. I know, still wear masks, etc., but it will make us feel one step closer to having protection.

Stay well and stay safe.

P




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...