Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Backyard is Bare

 1/12/2020

As I talked about yesterday, all the trees in the backyard are now gone. Without the trees, there is a significant difference. Ya think? One of those differences, is that the backside of our yard is now barren. And, the other thing, is that our house is sunnier, with the trees gone.  

The only tree remaining in the yard is a 30 plus oak tree. I'm assuming that the neighbors will object to have this tree remain in place. But, around here, you never know. In this neighborhood, your neighbors all want to know what's going on in the front and back of your property.

Our neighborhood, has an electronic bulletin board. And, some of the posts, from our neighbors, is absolutely ridiculous. Such as: they spotted a fox. Could it be rapid? The answer I found after research, is the likely hood of having a rapid fox in the area is minimal.

Other posts, are offering things for sale and/or free. I've noticed that some people, are trying to sell a Tupperware pitcher for instance. They are asking, most of the time, ridiculously low prices. If you are asking, let's say, $2.00, do you really think people are actually going to buy this item? I think not. Or, let's put it this way, I wouldn't. 

And, of course, there are people, who are way over the top, price wise. I sell nothing. I did start a book drive last year, and it was very successful.

Series review: The Imposters on Netflix. This show is worthy of binge watching. Our regret, at the moment, is that there are no episodes for us to watch. I will go and find Jeff and I another series to watch.

It's sunny outside, but cold, as far as I'm concerned. When I turn on the fireplace, both girls are quick to try and get as close to the fireplace as possible.They are cold, even though they both have "fur" coats!

The closets, that I've gone through so far, has made me aware (don't tell Jeff), that I owned too many clothes. While purging, I found some clothes that I didn't remember owing. That just sounds sad. Whoever buys my clothes, will be in for a treat. Everything is clean, not stained, ripped or otherwise. I am also donating some of the clothes that I wore while working for a most demanding executive.

Since, it appears that I'm no longer able to cook and/or bake, I have wondered about hiring some kind of sitter, who can help me in the kitchen for instance, as well as going out for a walk. I guess, the best thing for me, would be to have a companion, so that I would have someone to talk to. I don't know how much it costs to have a companion, but definitely worth looking into.

It's a beautiful day here, and I hope you are having one as well. Jeff and I are eagerly awaiting our turn for the vaccine. Will still have to wear a mask, etc., but it's a start.

P


 






1 comment:

  1. Maybe you could post that on your neighborhood bulletin board. I am sure that others would like to walk with you and maybe a teenager would like to cook and bake with you...its worth a try! Love, M

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...