Thursday, December 31, 2020

New Year and Blessings

 12/31/2020

Good-bye 2020. Hello 2021. Actually, I should have used more "descriptive" words to describe this hell on earth, we've had to endure this year.

Jeff and I never make it to midnight on New Year's Eve. We do stay up a bit longer than usual. But, when we wake on the 1st, nothing much will have changed, unfortunately.

We will have a new President in January. I have high hopes for this administration. I'm also looking forward to the time when Jeff and I are eligible for the vaccine. With the new strain of virus out there, I've told Jeff that I'm not going to go to the house, with a few exceptions. Shopping at WalMart is not an exception for me.

To further guard against the virus, I bought a face shield for myself. You wear a regular mask underneath, but I believe it's better protection for me. 

As the new year begins, I'm not going to make any resolutions. Nobody keeps them anyway.

Instead, here is what I'm grateful for: 

Jeff and I have a home that we can afford.

We have plenty of food - even though we might not like all the food in the freezer. If we defrosted it, I still don't think we'd find Jimmy Hoffa!

Physically, for the most part, are healthy. My mental health is what it is. Can't change it, even though I do crossword and jigsaw puzzles every day, in an effort to keep my brain from becoming worse.

Pay for medicine as well as my psychiatrist (who I can't live without).

The possibility of giving hugs to family members. And, being able to get all the families together again. Zoom is fine, but it's absolutely nothing like the "real thing". 

When I watch on the news, the amount of people who are in line to receive food donations. Seeing this many people, who are hungry, that have little or no income. This makes me very sad. How did we get here? We know how we got here. Things have to get better soon.

My wish for you and yours, is a great and wonderful New Year. Blessings on all of you.

I'm taking a rest from blogging, starting tomorrow. But, I'll be back next year!

P



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...