Monday, December 21, 2020

Count Down

 12/21/2020

Friends, the end of the countdown toward Christmas has begun. I'm not sure, that if you ordered something on line, it would arrive in time. Unless, you pay an arm and a leg for expedited shipping, which is something I don't intend to do.

I am waiting for two more packages, that should arrive Tuesday. Do a quick wrap, and then take the box of Christmas paper, etc., back down to the basement, for another year.

I guess today, I'll take the presents I've "wrapped", and put them in the living room with a pile for each family. I say "piles", but perhaps I should have said "stacks". Giving Christmas presents, has always been my thing. Problem is, when I think I'm done, I find something else to buy. Way to break this habit, is to not keep searching! Easier said than done.

I know that one of my presents, is going to fit into an unused toothpaste box. Sounds mysterious - which is exactly what I'm going for.

Since I'm not in control of anything, at the moment, and likely never will be again, I have deferred all of the planning of the delivery of Christmas presents, to Stacey and Wendy. Basically, I need to be told where Jeff and I need to be, date and time, for sure. 

It's a gloomy, foggy day this morning. This kind of weather doesn't help my "SAD" disorder. Because I know this, I will take every possible opportunity to sit down in my office. I could even fold clothes in here.That assumes, of course, that I want to fold clothes! I don't.

When I heard that there was a new variant of the virus in England, my decision to buy a face shield, was something I felt I had to do. My plan is to wear this shield when I'm around any of the family.You wear a mask underneath, so you are double protected.

While watching the 9:00 news this morning, 16 people had already died today. When I go out, and it's certainly not often, I don't see anybody not wearing a mask. Are they using the masks correctly? The answer is no. You have to cover your nose people.

I know that the vaccine is being used, as I write. I suspect that Jeff and I will have to wait, before it's our turn. That shouldn't be much of a problem for us, since we, for the most part, leave the house once a week. But, that once a week trip, is shopping at WalMart. And what do we know about most people who shop at WalMart? Some of them, but not all of them, are the brightest. Of course, I am the obvious exception!! 

I'd love to stay and chat with you, but the few remaining chores I get to do, is folding clothes. I don't have to tell you how boring that is.

I hope all of you have a very good day today.

Stay safe.

P


 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...