Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Just Things

 12/15/2020

Dear friends, we're getting closer to that special time of the year. We're also getting closer to my birthday, I'll be 71, but at times feel a lot older! 

I worked on our Christmas cards this week. Problem is, I don't remember if I actually put the cards out to be mailed. Gotta love that short term memory - not. This is just one more thing, I will have to ask Jeff about.

I will tell you that having a crappy memory like mine, gets in the way, big time, of my life. Not to mention Jeff's live.

I know that today, i must start wrapping presents. There isn't some little elf, that works nights, going to show up. Nope, it's me, trying to get the "just about right" size of paper. I'm not very good at this, so I tend to waste a lot of paper. And, I have told you before, that I use a lot of tape, on each present. Luckily, the family, including Stacey and Wendy, have "accepted" my haphazard wrapping. 

The living room looks like Santa's workshop. There are piles of presents, for each person. And, Jeff is right, I do have a tendency to over buy. I want to buy what I feel, is something that, I think a family member will like. I always give a gift receipt for easy returning, if they want or need to send something back to Amazon.

I generally have no trouble buying for everybody in the family, with the exception of Jeff. He is a hard nut to crack. He doesn't want things bought, just for the hell of it. That leaves myself, and the family, with the  "what should I buy" dilemma. It's hard for him to work up much enthusiasm over socks, even though he needs them. 

Myself, on the other hand, loves everything. The gift can be anything. I think last year, I bought some clothes, and that was a mistake. I don't know about the rest of the family, but Jeff had me return the clothes that I bought for him. I'm not going to make that mistake again this year. Lesson learned, mostly!

Because I don't have enough going on, Jeff took me to the dentist yesterday. I had a cavity in one of my front teeth. Trouble was, I must have bitten down hard on something, and I broke off half of that tooth. The dentist worked me in yesterday, and using some dental thingy, smoothed out the very sharp edges.

If Benjamin sees me now, he will find me looking a lot like a pirate. I have a small scar on my face, where the skin cancer was. And, then there is the matter of my tooth. I know that I don't take a very good picture. So, having my picture taken, isn't something that I enjoy. For sure, I have a real excuse for not smiling. And, if you combine that with wearing a mask, my smile, such as it is, will be picture worthy.

Have a good day, and stay safe.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...