Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Christmas Countdown Begins!

 12/1/2020

Today, for some people, they begin to think about gifts. Me? Practically done. I say practically because I have several lists on Amazon. Each day I go over those lists and contemplate whether to pull the trigger or delete the item. These are executive decisions! And, one that I don't take lightly.

There was something on the news yesterday, about delays in getting packages. The large carriers are being used to ship the much needed vaccines. On doing this, I understand. It's been a dreadful year, and people, including Jeff and I, are anxious to be vaccinated. 

Here's what Dr. Faucci (sp?) says:


"But I would recommend to people to not abandon all public health measures just because you have been vaccinated.” Those fundamentals include: universal wearing of masks, maintaining physical distance, avoiding large crowds, doing more outdoor activities and washing hands frequently. And, that these measures will likely last “for much of 2021.” This is not the news that people wanted to hear. Myself included.

I heard on the news yesterday, that some of the planes carrying packages, may be used to carry vaccines. At the moment, vaccines should take priority, since most of us are ready and willing to be vaccinated.

Thinking about this, I feel an urgency to get things ordered from Amazon now, just in case my packages won't arrive on time.

It's likely that I won't be able to finish all of my latch hook kits in time. So, a picture will have to do.

Already, the shelves in stores, have a lot of empty spaces. There is a run on all things Christmas. Looking for ornament hooks, took some time for Jeff to find them. I now have everything I need to decorate our little tree, but so far, it has been put on the back burner. I have other things that need my attention first. And, please don't ask me what those priority jobs are, because I try to avoid thinking about them. Perhaps, if I don't think about them, they'll magically go away!! I wish.

Jeff and I have an ongoing conversation, which we have every year, about whether it's cool or cold outside. I think it's already cold, but Jeff thinks the temperature is merely cool. 

I think that's all the news I had swirling around in my head.

Please be safe, particularly when you go outside.

P


Countdown to Christmas



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...