Monday, November 30, 2020

Back To Work

 11/30/2020

Happy, gloomy weather from Maryland. And, since the Thanksgiving holiday is past, you and I, are all at work today.

Jeff made Thanksgiving dinner for the two of us. It was excellent. We had just the right amount of food for the two of us. Plus, we have "tovers" for two days. I think today that Jeff is going to take the last bits of turkey, into a vegetable soup for dinner. I know from past soups/stews that he makes, it will be delicious. And, it's the perfect day for soup!

We watched movies on Thursday and Friday. Chores be damned. Of course, those chores can only be held of so long. I think I'd better get to the laundry today, if nothing else.

Sunday, we did the usual shopping. I had been given a new prescription for glasses. First stop at Costco, was to order new glasses. Now, that the ugly spot on my face is almost gone, I opted for a pair of glasses, without a frame on the bottom. 

We did minimal shopping at Costco. Just grabbed a few thinks that Jeff likes for lunch. We spent so little money, that I thought we might be arrested!

Then on to WalMart, which was filled with shoppers. I needed a few Christmas things, like ornament hangers, being one. Since there was no "buddy", I walked around the store under my own power. And, after I've walked around the store, looking at things, I know instantly when it's time for me to get to the car. There are simply no chairs at WalMart, where you could park yourself and rest up a bit. Bella and I walked to the car, and timed it just right. For me, walking is not something I can do for very long. When I do this, my body, especially the hip, let's me know when I'm done!

The evening was spent as usual, eating pizza, girls begging for a piece of the crust, and some television. In theory, I could spend an entire day, and then some, watching all the romantic Christmas movies. I know that there's not much of a plot, but I don't care. They have a calming effect on my body.

My sister box arrived. If you've never heard of this, I'm here to tell you how much fun this exchange is. We buy gifts of all kinds, for our boxes. And, this year, we decided to put a new book in each of the two boxes. Once, we're done reading the books, we'll swap. Each gift in the box is wrapped, more or less, if it's wrapped by yours truly. There aren't a lot of surprises in my life right now, so I super look forward to my sister box! Every thing, no matter the size, has to be wrapped, whether it be a book marker, or something much larger. My sister hit all the right boxes. New slippers, more of her art work, little jar of sea shells (obviously from California), and last but not least, a little bell. The bell has a nice sound, but appears to be old. I'm going to try and use brass polish to see if it makes a difference.

This is the time of the year, when I start suffering from SAD (seasonal affect disorder). If at my desk, my SAD light is on. There are many sizes of these lights. Some are quite small. I opted for a very large light, and it sits to the left of me, when I'm on the computer. Such as right now.

I have many things that need doing, and somehow, I, for whatever reason,just can't get anything done. Lost my mojo I guess. I started cleaning up the linen closet, I was nearly finished, and then just stopped. 

I have several lists on Amazon, that I look at every day. Most of the time, I delete an item, and rarely add one. It came to me over the weekend, that the boys really don't need anything. And, that can also be said of the DIL's. So, I've started looking at more unique things to buy. 

I was asked to put out a list on Amazon for me. This year, I believe was the first time that anybody asked for a list. And, while I like everything, most of the items on my list are books. Because, like everyone in the family, I don't really need anything, but I also, at the same time, love everything. Confused much? 

Well, that's my news in a nutshell. If you're wondering, and likely you are not, there are exactly 25 days until Christmas. This year, I'm actually a little behind, which is not like me at all. 

Happy Monday. Be safe everyone.

P

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...