Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Celebrating Tomorrow

 11/5/2020

All over the country, people, i.e., cooks, are getting ready for tomorrow. And, for most people, this can be an exhausting day.

Even though most of us, are staying and eating alone, doesn't mean that we shouldn't forget about the horrible year, that was 2020. I don't know about you, but going forward as I age, that Jeff and I will be eating alone. A Zoom call comes to mind!

Jeff is doing the cooking. Just because I had one little moment, that could have potentially burnt the house down, why would has stopped by days of cooking. With the exception of doing the dishes, and that's so exciting, I no longer cook and/or bake anything. Some people would gladly turn over the reins to somebody else. But, the days were I was able to be useful in the kitchen have gone by the way side. It's just one more thing, that I am, for the most part, prevented from doing. My world just keeps getting smaller and smaller. My driver's license expires in the next few years, and  and that I'm going to turn my license in.  I could do this earlier, if the virus wasn't around, 

To prevent boredom tomorrow, Jeff and I have many movies to watch. Or we could watch a football game. It's likely that either way, we'll probably take a nap. And, the girls love to nap, anytime we're ready! How lovely is that?

I understand the necessity of being safer if you just stay in your house. Seriously, this is the start of the holiday season. Black Friday shopping is almost a rite of passage. But, here at home, you can find and you can buy almost everything through Amazon. Amazon, as well as other retail establishments (where you actually go to a mall) are just about over. Pretty much, for me, going to a store, that is not WalMart, is all about touching items. 

While this isn't a fair representation of the meal that Jeff and I will have. It is the picture of most Thanksgiving dinners. And, everybody over eats, because this holiday happens to be the one day of the year, where we give thanks.


Classic Thanksgiving Menu and Recipes

I'll be taking a long weekend, like most of you are, and be back in my chair on Monday.

Enjoy your time with family and friends.

P

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...