Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Turkey Day Is Nearly Here!

11/17/2020

I'll start with my countdown until Thanksgiving. Nine days people. Since most families, including ours, will be eating alone, there is a fix to make things simple.

And, the answer is: order a take-out meal from one of the many places, Cracker Barrel for one, is selling holiday dinners, with your choice of pie. The price? A mere $12.99 per person. If, you went this route, I think you would have to order, in our case, 3 dinners. Why? Because, simply everybody enjoys "tovers" the next day. See the reasoning for the extra pie!

When you think about it, the meal is relatively easy to prepare. In our house, there is a turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes (for  me mostly), real cranberry sauce. And, then dessert. Jeff and I really like Pecan pie, as well as pumpkin pie. You can buy pies at Costco, the freezer section at WalMart, as an example. Jeff, has always makes stuffing and gravy from scratch. The gravy is good, but in truth, stuffing is something that I don't much care about. Last year, while it was okay to eat inside a restaurant, we enjoyed very much their Sweet Potato pie. It was delicious. You can find the recipe on line. Taking my mental (or lack thereof), in consideration, there are simply too many steps. But, if you make it, you will love it, I promise!

With my sweet tooth, the smaller the size of the pies the better. I really love Pecan pie, but my scale not so much. Maybe, Jeff and I will live on the dangerous side, and have a fruit pie! Which every pie we buy, it has to be able to have ice cream on top. Perhaps, not the Pecan pie, but every other pie is absolutely better topped with ice cream!

I love Christmas music. I normally start listening to these songs, a bit earlier in the year. I have delayed, up until now. But, this morning I decided that it was time to rev up the holiday spirit.

While all three of our families, will have some kind of Thanksgiving dinner individually.  Luckily, we'll be able to use Zoom to stay connected with each other. And, if you have to have something to be grateful for, good health is at the top of my list.

This weekend, Jeff, and perhaps even myself, will be shopping for the Thanksgiving essentials. Since my diet is making some progress, I will have to mindful of not what I eat, how much I eat! Since being on my calorie counting diet, I have lost 7 more pounds. If, I suck in my tummy, I have a few pair of pants that literally fall to my knees. This is good for me, but also requires new and smaller clothes. Poor me!

Closing for now. I have to clean parts of the house before Ada comes. Jeff doesn't understand this, but I think most women do the same.

Be safe.

 

 
A Classic Thanksgiving Menu to Feed a Crowd | Serious Eats


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...