Thursday, November 12, 2020

Second Day of Doom and Gloom - Yuck

 11/12/2020

Anybody who knows me well, also knows that I suffer mentally (more than usual), with dark days. I need sunshine, hence my light box, which I use every day! And, even with the light box, I struggle mightily, to try and keep my spirits up.

Still doing my Christmas shopping. Shopping,  for others, is super easy for me. I pretty much know what everybody in the family likes. Now, the family wants me to create a list, and that's harder. In reality, I only want their lists, and forget about mine. But to fair, this year I did put out a list. It's not much of a list. I mean purple potholders, kitchen towels, books, and a gardening stool (you can kneel on it, or turn it over, and sit on it). It's the most expensive item on my list, and I'm thinking about deleting it all together. This item is a bit on the pricey side, $34.00. I have so many other smaller and less expensive items on my list.

Not, that is noteworthy, but yesterday I went back to the Plastic Surgeon to have my stitches removed. Once the tape comes off, then I'll know if my new name is Scar Face. I sincerely hope not.

I've decided, nobody else, that as I'm approaching my 71st birthday next month, I feel I should be entitled to have certain things done to my body. Not to worry, I'm not talking about having huge lips, or face lines removed, (actually I don't have a lot of wrinkles - must be due to my stress free life style) I'm just having spots on my face and back removed with nitrogen oxide. After just one treatment, my "wisdom" spot or whatever it's called, looks much better. I believe that the spot, which was dark brown, aged me. And, after another treatment, will be gone, I think. Oh, happy days.

I've been "hooking" on Benjamin's rug for Christmas. Problem is, I stopped on this project, just a tad too long, and I've lost my mojo. I literally have only about 6 inches to go, but I'm having trouble putting the right color yarn, on the pattern. My forgetting where I was, is nothing new for me. But, when I do get tripped up literally (actually often), then I can't get back in the groove (thanks Stella). 

Personal training today and tomorrow. Unfortunately, I believe that even if I have a personal trainer for the next 4 years, I'm pretty sure that I'll not be able to go to Hawaii. My goal is to be, moving around on my own two feet. Okay, perhaps, that's asking too much for me. I know, that I would be pretty happy to be under a Lanai, sipping a drink that has an umbrella on the edge, and enjoying a book. How much more perfect can it be? The rest of the family, can run around and see the sights. I've already done the tourist things, on my last trip. If they go about having a good time, then I'll consider the trip a big success. 

My duties and/or chores, is to order the 2021 4A Computing Christmas cards. I don't do signatures anymore, because my handwriting, at this point, is dreadful. Nope, I have them print the inside and back of the envelopes for me. Jeff then gives me labels. So it's stuff, lick, and pull off labels. It takes a bit of time, but we already know that I have lots of free time. I generally get this task done before the holiday shipping nonsense happens. See what a good Girl Scout I was.

I did my one loop of news, and that's it. By the time, I finish that show, I'm pretty tired, and would like to take a short snooze, but at least for today, I didn't.

I have bought several things for my "sister" box. If you don't do this exchange with somebody, you should start doing so now. Imagine, my joy, and my sister's as well, in having found and bought things for each other. If there is going to be a "real" Christmas and it likely won't happen this year, Marilee's gift stays at the house, for me to enjoy what's in my sister box. Try it, because of the virus, I think we've only exchanged one box this year. But, one thing we did decide on, is that there should be a book, or books, in the sister box. Then, after finishing our books, we'll do a book swap, sometime next year. It's easy to do, and makes each of us very happy.

Well, my friends, let's keep living safely, wearing those stupid masks, washing and distancing ourselves.

You want to know, and I know you'll all agree, that not being able to hug a loved one, is damn difficult. 

P





 

1 comment:

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...