Monday, November 9, 2020

It's Okay to Exhale - Truly!

 10/9/2020

I'll have to keep this brief. Back to Hopkins today, to see if the laser treatment I had on one eye, is better today. We'll SEE. Did you like my humor there?

Last week was, I thought, exhausting. Watching numbers practically all day, is a lot of work, but somebody's got to do it. So why not Jeff and I? We're retired (one of us more than the other), we COULD sleep in, but the girls have internal clocks. And that clock and their restlessness is always around 7:30. So we get up. I can always take a nap later. Ah, the joys of retirement.

Yesterday, we made our weekly trek to the only store in the universe, at least that's how Jeff thinks. My sister and I are going to exchange a sister box probably later this month. If you don't know what a sister box is, I'll explain.

In years past i.e., before the virus, my sister and I would swap sister boxes to each other. Everything in the sister box is wrapped, to make it more exciting. I only open the sister box, when everything else has been put away. I don't get too many surprises in my life anymore, so just the thought of a special box coming my way, makes me very happy.

We did decide that in our boxes this year, we would include a book (which we could swap after we had read our books). 

While Jeff is a get in and get out of shopper, and I know why this is important, he did follow me around while I picked up some small things for my box. Can't tell you what I bought, because she might be "listening"!!!

As years in the past, when my Christmas shopping begins in earnest, like right about now, I use the living room as my staging base. I put items on the couch, and/or leave them in their boxes, which I can easily wrap (or not) later. As I've mentioned before, packing tape not only closes the boxes, but is a form of decoration (na, but I like the fact that it eliminates the need for paper, bows, etc.

I really try to wrap the gifts for Stacey, Elly and Wendy. My theory is cut off a really BIG piece of wrapping paper, probably enough for two packages, and then wrap said paper around the box. Of course, I always have way too much paper, but in my simple mind, that was why scissors were invited - to cut stuff. Let's put it this way, if everybody's presents were ready to be opened, my presents would stand out - because they are unique - in a good way. Okay that may just be my opinion, but to me, that's the only one that really matters.

Gotta run. My appointment is at 12:45. I pack a go bag, because if you go to Hopkins, you had better be prepared to spend a long time there. In my bag, I put in cut up apples, some gummy treats, my water (never go without it), and maybe a Belvita cookie in there as well. Once you have spent the day at the hospital, you know that you have to bring along goodies, including a book to read.

Talk to you tomorrow.

P

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...