Friday, December 18, 2020

Time is running out

 12/18/2020

Only 7 days left, before Santa arrives. With the exception of one or two gifts to arrive via Santa's elf's (Amazon!!), I'm in good shape. I

I'll apologize to the family, about the condition of my wrapping. Some presents have been put in a cracker box, or some other type of box. Pretty easy to just use packing tape! To be fair, I really tried to wrap their gifts. No ribbons, bows, or anything decorative. While I did write everyone's name on the gifts, I probably didn't need to do that. My family understands my wrapping skills are confined to paper, with no decorations of any kind!

The logistics for next week are still up in the air. Stacey wants the family to come to her house on the 27th for pizza and dessert. First problem is, that Jeff has to work that day. His customer insists on it. So much for the holiday spirit!. If somebody will pick me up, then I'll get to join in the festivities, which I would very much like to do. 

During the Zoom call with Scott et al, if I remember correctly, then Elly won't be home until the 26th. Jeff always says - plans are soft, and can be changed in mere minutes.

While I write this, snow is falling off the roof, and if you're not expecting this, sounds a bit scary.

Jeff normally shops on the weekend. For this weekend, I plan on telling him, that the number of people in the stores will be huge. Could be a lot of pushing and shoving, particularly in WalMart.

I'm going to suggest that he goes sometime in the week. Crowds should be less, and the food items that I want for our Christmas dinner, are I'm pretty sure, will still be on the shelves. We did turkey for Thanksgiving. I would like to have a small ham, that we'll put brown sugar on the top.It won't taste exactly the way, a honey baked ham does, but close enough for us.

I'm not going to make the weekly run with Jeff. And, we need very few things. But, I'm going to ask him to look for some Christmas decorations that are going to be on sale. The way retail works, I wouldn't be shocked if bathing suits came out next!! Or, maybe Valentine stuff. I'm a good girl scout, but the thought of buying gifts for future holidays, leaves me cold. I know you understand. Once Christmas is over, the family knows that I only buy birthday presents for Elly and Benjamin.

In truth, both Scott and Andrew can pretty much buy the things that they want. But cash is always appreciated.

Since it's noon, and I'm still in my chair, I'm going to close up for now.

Be safe everybody. Help is coming.

P

My presents don't actually look like these, but pretty close.


Living in Organized Chaos | Calvary Baptist Church

 





 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...