Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Happy New Year Everyone

 12/29/2020

Just a few more days, and then we can kiss this awful year good-bye. We'll have a new President, and with the help of vaccines, perhaps be able to finally get this virus under control. I certainly hope so, fingers crossed!

Jeff and I don't have a party to go to on New Year's Eve. There was a time when we would actually watch the ball drop. In the last few years, we're already sleeping long before midnight. When, on occasion, we stay up late, the "girls" look at us, probably thinking - hey why aren't we in bed?

As much as I love Christmas, and it is by far, my favorite holiday. I already have taken down my very minimal decorations. When Christmas is over, then, at least for me, it's over. Time to pack it all up, until next year. I know that makes me sound like Scrooge, but that's just how I operate.

The boys, for the most part, don't come to the house to visit. When Scott has a customer near us, he will pop in, for a few minutes, mostly to talk to Jeff. I don't have a problem with this, at least most of the time, because I am unable to speak geek!

My task today, if I choose to do so, is to get one of the spare bedrooms under control. The spare bed has a lot of clothes on the bed. Those clothes are sitting there, so that I can try them on. When I put on each piece of clothing, I have only three decisions to make:

That a piece of clothing is now way too big for me to wear. Actually, the more clothes I donate that are too big, is believing in my confidence, that I won't need these clothes in the future. I watch my weight very carefully. I weigh in the morning and at night. I know that's a bit much, but when you have lost a significant amount of weight (50 pounds), I want the scale to be my new best friend. 

Then I have clothes that are just a "tad" to tight, for me to wear comfortably. These clothes I save. It's possible, and I hope so, that they might fit, sometime in the future. 

And, finally have some clothes that are a bit too big, but not so big, as to donate them. For help with keeping my pants up, Jeff has ordered me a pair of suspenders. Wearing them, may set a new trend! But, I doubt it.

I'm also on the look out for clothes that I no longer like. Since my opinion isn't likely to change, in the future, into the donation box they go. At least I know, that there are many people who would be happy to have used clothing. I throw away any clothing that has stains, etc., I know that nobody wants this kind of clothing.

Looking out my window, the sky is blue, and no perception, at least for today.

I have already ordered my 2021 desk calendar. I like the ones where you rip off pages. And, believe me, there are lots of this kind of calendars on Amazon. 

Checking out now. More tomorrow.

P

 

 

 

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...