Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Time's About Up!

 12/23/2020

Good morning friends. This likely to be the last "ramble" until after Christmas. 

My presents are "wrapped" more or less! I think  it's possible that there is perhaps two more gifts to receive from Amazon. 

For the first time in my life, I actually don't know what's going to happen with exchanging gifts, with the families. I guess we could do the drop off on driveways and then come home. And, if we do this, it will be, for all of us, the worst Christmas, in our lives. And, everybody will remember the year 2020, and absolutely not in a good way.

While watching the early news yesterday morning, that 16 people had already died, while they were on the air! Maybe I don't want to know where these people are. Since there is a new strain (I'm not sure that's the right word) in England right now, that they say is supposed to be 70% worse than our current virus.

I don't leave the house very often, generally just once a week, but I've decided to buy face shields for each of the families. When I was at the hospital, all the staff, wore masks underneath their face shields. I want to be doubly sure that I've done everything possible to protect myself, as well as others.

Jeff and I will be at home on Christmas, so I've put together a short list of things to buy. We'll eat ham rather than turkey, as well as some of our other favorite foods. And, then we can settle down to watch a movie or a football game. I'm flexible about what we watch. With the new television in the bedroom, I can now watch television while I'm in the bed. If, at some point, I fall asleep, no worries!

When Scott came over yesterday, he came bearing gifts. Wendy, had been making cookies, and she shared a variety of cookies with us. The cookies were delicious. Because of my love of all things sweet, I gave Scott the Christmas basket that we had received from out financial planner, that had all kinds of food goodies inside.

Without thinking last night, I left the bag of cookies on the butcher block. Before I got in bed, I remembered the cookies. Guess what? The bag wasn't in the kitchen. Shocker. I "ran" to the kitchen, but was too late, the bag was gone! I should have known better. Jeff went out in the yard, to retrieve the cookies that  Bella hadn't immediately eaten. Did Bella get sick because she ate chocolate? Nope. There was still a few cookies left in the bag that she hadn't gotten into. They are now back in the kitchen, where they should have been all along. And, happily, there were a few cookies left - yeah. When it's time to go to bed. Bella never comes upstairs right away. Nope, she's doing her evening walk about to see what she can or could find. She also loves paper plates and cups! The remains of which are destroyed and left in the basement.

If, I could mix Bella and Daisy into one dog, I would have a loving dog (Daisy) and a smart one, perhaps even too smart (Bella)! I've done the math, and if the girls live to be old, then there is a likely chance that the girls will likely be the last dogs we own.

I hope you're going to have wonderful weather on Christmas. Here, the high that day will be 32 degrees. Even, by Jeff's standards, that's cold. Thermal underwear cold!!

I actually think this morning is cold. And, I don't want to leave the fireplace. Unlike most other gas fireplaces, ours has a blower inside. When you turn the fireplace on, and leave it on, the den becomes really warm, perhaps even too warm!

I'll sign off now. I'll return next week, where I should have many things to write about.

Merry Christmas. And, don't forget to stay safe.

P


 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...